Newbie from Indiana

hunter1948

Hi everyone. I've been retired for six years now and picked up a metal detector a couple of months ago just for something to do while I'm not on a motorcycle trip. What I've found is I enjoy this hobby much more that I thought I might and would like to know more about it. My detector is an inexpensive Bounty Hunter Time Ranger and I'm still in the process of understanding it's different settings. To this point, most of my detecting has been in yards in my neighborhood where I've found around 90 coins total, mostly clad but some Wheat pennies, two silver dimes and one 1944 Mexican Centavo. Thank you for adding me to the forum.

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!
(Originally from Danville, In.)

Welcome

Attachments

• welcome.JPG
    welcome.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 154
:fmdfwelcome: Thanks for joining us! You came to the right place - this forum is full of helpful tips and information for beginners & experts alike. When I was new to detecting, I learned so much here, and I am learning still! I found, too, that there are YouTube channels, such as NuggetNoggin, which are also advantageous in learning the ropes. Have fun with your new hobby! We are glad to have you. :grin:

Last edited:
Two silver coins and some wheat cents in a couple of months is better than a lot of us do. It's a great hobby if you stick with it. I have been detecting for around forty years so I guess I'm hooked. I have some friends who live in Mill Creek not far from LaPorte. I hope to make it back up there again someday.

Welcome to the crazy area. I also am from Indiana. South of Ft. Wayne. Right now I am in the Philippines with my wife. We live here during the winter. What part you from. Good luck and keep hunting... KEN :D

Back
Top Bottom