looking for someone

Mtdigger

I'm looking for a friend to go on hunts with in the Wichita area.
bd7eadf8dbd441410bff000549f831d8.jpg

Last edited:
You’re not likely to get anyone to give you spots. Gotta put the work in and find spots. That’s as most of a part of this hobby as is detecting.

So do I have to get any kind of permission or sign something before I can dig at the local parks and other places, it seems these days people don't have the right to do anything lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

If there are not any "no metal detecting" signs it should be okay, the exception would be if the area is a designated protected historical site.

Federal parks and state parks - research rules for each particular one.

Private property - always ask for permission first.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

So do I have to get any kind of permission or sign something before I can dig at the local parks and other places, it seems these days people don't have the right to do anything lol

Tom in Ca can fill you in on where you can hunt.

It's up to you to research the laws/rules pertaining to MDing in your area. There are those who would encourage you to "go for it", though they live elsewhere.

Bottom line, it's your rear-end on the line, so you're the one responsible for your actions. Keep that in mind, and act accordingly.

ETA: Being "new", you need to go somewhere (your own property) to practice removing targets from the ground while leaving little indication you were ever there. Go to a Park, leave a mess, and you'll likely have an impact on MDing there in the future.

Go practice first, seriously.

Tom in Ca can fill you in on where you can hunt.

lol

IF there is no sign you should be good. Worse case senerio they would ask you to leave. If you want to go a step further check the on line ordinances. But never ask.

IF there is no sign you should be good. Worse case senerio they would ask you to leave. If you want to go a step further check the on line ordinances. But never ask.
Cool! Thanks for the info [emoji106]

I live in Wichita. There are a number of people who detect here. You can detect parks just fill your holes and stay off of the athletic fields. I am working at getting another car and as soon as I do I will be able to do more detecting. There is a Wichita detecting group on facebook. Look under Metal Detecting Wichita, Kansas.

Back
Top Bottom