Buried almost "buried"

Buried

Elite Member
Not sure how many lives I have left, thank goodness when I was born, I knew those Nintendo cheat codes to get extra lives.

Anyone miss me?

I've been recovering since I decided to go work under my 3200lb honda accord, and the jack decided it was a good time to suddenly release pressure and fall down. Thankfully, I did have a jack stand under the car, but my body was directly under the engine cross member and let me say, my rib cage does not support the weight of that. Not sure what hit my head to cause bleeding on the brain, though I do know after 6 fractured ribs and 4,5,6,7th rib broken, I'm not made to bench press vehicles.

May God bless you and your recovery, we will be praying [emoji120]for you and your family. Marcuss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Marcuss.

The whole event was in slow motion. I could feel the car coming down, and once I felt and heard my ribs breaking, I knew I was in BIG trouble. My left arm was at my side, and some how, some way I was able to grab my phone from my pocket, unlock the screen blindly, put in the 4 digit code blindly and call 911.. The only thing I remember being able to say to 911 was "help me"...

Now from what I am told, my daughter (that was visiting for the day) happen to come outside and saw me under the car, she ran and got the neighbor (who should have been at work, but was running late).. He came over and they were able to jack the car back up and get me out, just as the ambulance was arriving. They said I was white as a ghost.

There were MANY things that happened that day that lined up just right for me to still be alive.

Its been a heck of a ride for me this year. In July, had a heat stroke, with internal body temp of 105. That took a couple of months to recover from. Within a week, I fell from a trailer and fractured my right ankle... That took a month, 2nd day off the ankle boot, (we had all this rain) I stepped out of my shed and the step broke and sprained the same ankle.. After feeling better and knowing I needed to get to work to survive the winter, I decide to go work on my car and well, THIS happened lol ----

I need to go back to doing nothing but metal detecting.. I haven't done that in so long. I really do miss it.. Just never have the time anymore. Life is too short.

Its been a heck of a ride for me this year. In July, had a heat stroke, with internal body temp of 105. That took a couple of months to recover from. Within a week, I fell from a trailer and fractured my right ankle... That took a month, 2nd day off the ankle boot, (we had all this rain) I stepped out of my shed and the step broke and sprained the same ankle.. After feeling better and knowing I needed to get to work to survive the winter, I decide to go work on my car and well, THIS happened lol ----

I need to go back to doing nothing but metal detecting.. I haven't done that in so long. I really do miss it.. Just never have the time anymore. Life is too short.

You need an exorcism. ;)

You need an exorcism. ;)

Valid Suggestion Rudy!...

To Buried: What were you doing underneath a Honda Accord in the first place? The damn things never break...Please tell me you were not replacing an O2 sensor on account of the 'Check Engine' Light? Also, for Forum safety knowledge....What kind of jack were you using? Harbor Freight? Lever and fulcrum? Rear Wheels chocked or no? We need to know the Details!

Something went sideways here, not only on the car, but in all sorts of other things in your Life you mentioned..Heat stroke, falling off a trailer, Smushed Head Brain bleed, stepping out of your shed on some coccamamie homebuilt flight of stairs and spraining your ankle?!

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you are either a democrat or in the throes of late stage alcoholism?? :laughing: Forum Advice..If you got any air guns or power tools, or even a propane grill....even a damned old cordless nose hair trimmer....best be staying away...cut your losses..Like you said, a guy only has so many Lives on this Planet....

Nowadays Dialing 911 in an emergency is the last resort, and its a weak one at that...especially when a car slips off a jack and falls on a guy....In that case you need God to show up!..and God dont play Nintendo......

Last edited:
I think a man learns a lot about himself in that situation.....I hope yours was positive, that you heal fast and remember it's lessons.

I'd be counting some heavy blessings if I were you. The lottery ticket idea might not be a bad idea. If you win you will be able to go detecting all the time.. just not in the rain, near any body of water larger than a wash basin, on a slope, near any forest, or near any hazard of any kind. Just stick to an open field where there is nothing around that could possibly cause any harm. Leave those areas to us. Heck, leave the field to us as well. You never know when a freak lightning storm could come upon you quick like. Wouldn't want to be the tallest thing in that field with a metal object in your hand.

The above advice is free of charge. Take any and all at your own risk. :laughing:

Wow, I'd just prefer to not leave the house, possibly stay in bed with that kind of juju happening..

Glad you are still kicking!

<°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20180429_122733.jpg
    IMG_20180429_122733.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 317
Wow, bet you can't wait for 2018 to be over, better hang out inside until then. Glad your ok and back.

WOW !!!!! :shock: …...Thank God you thought to at least have that jack stand !

I'm very leery about getting under jacked up vehicles, a friend of mine has a set of those ramps which I have borrowed before, I've also think I've used cinder blocks as a precaution before too.

My jacks need more fluid as they stopped working so those things do need maintained.

Hope your complete recovery is sooner than later and I don't think anyone needs to tell you to use a LOT more safeguards next project :lol:

Holy crunchberries! That's a lot of bust & mend action! I'm thinking if I have to unlock my phone without a good visual, I'm a goner!
Glad to hear you're a survivor.

Didn't read all posts....

but dang man! Glad you're OK!

Jack stands aren't for "catching", next time use the as intended.

I gotta ask......did you hear a "crunch" ? :grin:

Glad you did have jack stands! Glad the stars aligned and you had a way out. Hearing your own ribs crack and bust is an experience you can keep. Glad you're on the mend.

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that you went through all that, but I am glad that you made it through! That's amazing how everything worked out so you could get the help you needed. I think the Lord was really watching out for you! You're in my prayers as you continue to recover. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom