Coinstar Payoff

diggin4clad

Elite Member
I hit the Coinstar machine at work today and it produced some clad, two wheat cents, 1936 & 1940, plus a 1964 Roosevelt dime.

Attachments

• IMG_0121.JPG
    IMG_0121.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 417
Nice! Got a bicentennial quarter too :)

I finally got a silver out a couple days ago, nice 64 Wash. been slim pickings here this year!

Congrats on the silver, wheat cents, & clad! I like the bicentennial quarter, too; those are neat to come across. :yes:

Congrats on the coinstar finds. I usually check when we go for groceries. Never found much more than a few clad quarters and pennies but I keep trying. Just think, no digging and no cleaning coins. GL & HH.

nice score... coinstar finds few and far between here. Coin Star has removed the gift card option lately.. I still check them.. The next time may be great..

Way to go, diggin!
Just curious; do you segregate all your Coinstar loot from other finds and do a tally at the end of the year?
I did last year, and so far for 2018, my ziplock Coinstar baggie outweighs last year’s total. I donate most of the foreign stuff to a fellow MTHA member, who belongs to a coin & currency club. He gives it to junior members interested in foreign coinage.
Jim

Way to go, diggin!
Just curious; do you segregate all your Coinstar loot from other finds and do a tally at the end of the year?
I did last year, and so far for 2018, my ziplock Coinstar baggie outweighs last year’s total. I donate most of the foreign stuff to a fellow MTHA member, who belongs to a coin & currency club. He gives it to junior members interested in foreign coinage.
Jim
Hi Jim,
Yes, I do in fact segregate all my Coinstar finds from the detecting finds and save them for the calendar year. At year's end I give my foreign coins to Sue because she collects foreign coins and the clad is spent on common date Mercury dimes which I keep in separate folders from my regular coin collection. I've been checking Coinstar machines starting in 2016 and this year has been my best for silver finds. My best year for clad was 2016 when I came up with just over $42.00. So far this year I have a little over $35 in clad. The Lincolns in the little envelope are Wheat cents, 12 so far for the year, including 2 of the 1943 steel cents. I also keep a running total for each month and list them on a piece of paper.

Attachments

• IMG_0122.JPG
    IMG_0122.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 206
Nice! Got a bicentennial quarter too :)Thanks.....

I finally got a silver out a couple days ago, nice 64 Wash. been slim pickings here this year!
Keep at it...those machines go hot and cold.

Nice score, congrats !!!!!

Even clad is better to see than gunky Zincolns :lol:
Nothing wrong with clad but a lot of those crusty Zincolns show up in the Coinstars every so often.:laughing:

Congrats on the finds. I've never gotten anything from a coinstar.
Just a matter of being there at the right time...keep looking, sooner or later you'll score.

Thanks

Nice score congrats!
Thank You

Right place at the right time!
Absolutely !

Wooo Hooo! You did great.:grin:
Thanks.....

nice.

It's been a while since I found anything worth a damn.
Thanks, sooner or later you'll score again.

Nice score
Thank You

Very nice!
Thanks

Congrats on the silver, wheat cents, & clad! I like the bicentennial quarter, too; those are neat to come across. :yes:
Thank You......it was a better than average score

Nice grab! I scored 72 cents spending money a few days ago.
Nothing wrong with that !

Congrats on the coinstar finds. I usually check when we go for groceries. Never found much more than a few clad quarters and pennies but I keep trying. Just think, no digging and no cleaning coins. GL & HH.
It's always worth a look if you're in a place that has a machine.

nice score... coinstar finds few and far between here. Coin Star has removed the gift card option lately.. I still check them.. The next time may be great..
Thanks, Keep checking them and sooner or later it'll pay off.

Its just amazing to me everytime I read a 'Coinstar' post...just absolutely amazing...Keep running the CS reject tray D4C!...Its like dizzamn!...free money and old silver left behind? WTH is wrong with people? :laughing:

Its just amazing to me everytime I read a 'Coinstar' post...just absolutely amazing...Keep running the CS reject tray D4C!...Its like dizzamn!...free money and old silver left behind? WTH is wrong with people? :laughing:
I think it's that 50% of the population is walking around in a chemically induced fog, 49% of them have their mind on their smart phones. The remaining 1% who are tuned in to their surroundings are detectorists.:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom