Out again with the Deus UPDATED

VA-REB

Forum Supporter
I have been playing with some settings on the Deus (just around my house). Today was the first day that I felt kinda confident going out with the Deus. There is some ground that I have been waiting to go on. Actually, I have been on it, but the ground has been like cement there, so I have been waiting for some rain to see if it would help. We had some nice rain the last couple of nights, so I was excited about trying out that land again. The result was my best day yet with the Deus. 8 bullets, including 1 star base and one I believe is a 44 cal Tranter. It is kinda unusual. Got 2 umbrella center pieces, a kepi buckle, 2 general services eagle buttons and 1 New York cuff button, a "Double Gilt" flat button and the 1 nice "E Pearl/One/Sutler" token

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-7 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-7 2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 515
  • FullSizeRender-5 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-5 2.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 519
  • FullSizeRender-4 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-4 2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 535
  • FullSizeRender-9 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-9 2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 515
  • FullSizeRender-8 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-8 2.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 535
Very cool bullets, awesome token too!

I thought that 44 cal might be the find of the day, but the more I find out about the token, the nicer it gets. "E Pearl" was the sutler for the 19th Regiment Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry.

Glad you are getting along. I decided I'm done with wires and broke down and ordered one for myself. Same package you have. Now to find some new sites! Love the bullets.

Glad you are getting along. I decided I'm done with wires and broke down and ordered one for myself. Same package you have. Now to find some new sites! Love the bullets.

Craig, the Deus is really very nice. Once I got the sounds/tones sounding more like I prefer, it has gotten easier. Now if I could just figure out a program that would fix my right shoulder lol.

Terrific finds buddy! That tranter is a cool bullet. That's really neat that you found the ID on the token -- some cool history. Your are doing good with that deus

Now that's a super variety of finds....finding a star base is nice but another uncommon bullet for you too... In the same day. Awesome!

Terrific finds buddy! That tranter is a cool bullet. That's really neat that you found the ID on the token -- some cool history. Your are doing good with that deus

Thanks, my friend. It is kinda neat because I have found a Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry Button in this area. Now I know that it was the 19th regiment. And I have seen that the token is worth some money.

Here is the best of what I've gotten from this property so far.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 146
Nice finds, I too am liking my Deus, I love the tones. When you hunt primarily by ear tones is everything IMO and so far the Deus tones and I are getting along beautifully.

Nice finds, I too am liking my Deus, I love the tones. When you hunt primarily by ear tones is everything IMO and so far the Deus tones and I are getting along beautifully.

At first, "right out of the box"I really didn't care much at all for the sounds/tones. Once I got that straightened out, it was much better.

At first, "right out of the box"I really didn't care much at all for the sounds/tones. Once I got that straightened out, it was much better.

I love being able to customize the tones to suit ones ear. Right now I'm running 3 tones and bumped the high tone up to 710 and that seemed to really work for me, now I can more easily discern the mid to high tones. It's just one of the many things I'm learning and liking on the Deus and I know I'm just scratching the surface of the many features of it.

Back out today for a while

The Deus really is such a pleasure to use. If anyone out there is thinking about it, just do it. You will be glad you did. 9 more bullets today, including another star base and this one has been cut off at the bottom ring. Got 1 more sharps and another one of those brass bear claw things. Sure would like to know what they are. 2 more flat buttons and 2 more general services eagle buttons. Also a couple of tokens from Bally's Aladdin's Castle.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-13.jpg
    FullSizeRender-13.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 219
  • FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 223
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 221
  • FullSizeRender-2 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2 2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 221
  • FullSizeRender-1 5.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1 5.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 225
Another great day with the Deus, glad you're enjoying it.

Do you suppose the bear claws are brass spikes similar to the one on the left of this picture ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 222
Back
Top Bottom