A wife should never comment on metal detecting and...

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
Football.

A while back I made this post about my wife's comments on my metal detecting.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=267280

So my conclusion was that she should not be involved in metal detecting in any manner, shape or form.

Well now I must add college football to that list. I mentioned to her last week that it would be nice that just the two of us watch the upcoming Georgia and Alabama football came of us. I envisioned a several peaceful hours on the couch in front of our 55" big screen tv with some popcorn and other munchies with her on my right and my dog on my left enjoying what promised to be a very good football game.

So what does she tell me this morning the day of the game? Oh, by the way I invited the kids to join us today. The kids means her daughter, our two grandsons and my son-in-law.

So what I got was not what I envisioned. What I got was two screaming kids with colds and snotty noses who would not mind their mother. A son-in-law from Mexico who to him football was futbul and knew nothing about real football but pretended to be an expert. My wife and her daughter commented often and loudly like they were ESPN sportscasters all through the game. So imagine this going on for most of the game that even my dog could not enjoy except when he saw a dog or horse in the commercial. Then in the last ten minutes of the fourth quarter my wife ask me, and I quote " Honey, what color is our team?"

So in addition to metal detecting, she banned from watching football with me. Next time I wish to watch a good game I will take my dog and go to my son's home who is not married or even steady dating a woman and only has guys over for the TV football games. He is one smart son.

My heart goes out to you . The more family members that come to an event you have
the more chance your time will be ruined . I've got a few parasites and dip$hits I am forced to endure on occasions .

My heart goes out to you . The more family members that come to an event you have
the more chance your time will be ruined . I've got a few parasites and dip$hits I am forced to endure on occasions .

I have had dogs all my life. One before current one was a rescued dog, who rescued me. Dogs in my life have never disappointed me.

Football.

A while back I made this post about my wife's comments on my metal detecting.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=267280

So my conclusion was that she should not be involved in metal detecting in any manner, shape or form.

Well now I must add college football to that list. I mentioned to her last week that it would be nice that just the two of us watch the upcoming Georgia and Alabama football came of us. I envisioned a several peaceful hours on the couch in front of our 55" big screen tv with some popcorn and other munchies with her on my right and my dog on my left enjoying what promised to be a very good football game.

So what does she tell me this morning the day of the game? Oh, by the way I invited the kids to join us today. The kids means her daughter, our two grandsons and my son-in-law.

So what I got was not what I envisioned. What I got was two screaming kids with colds and snotty noses who would not mind their mother. A son-in-law from Mexico who to him football was futbul and knew nothing about real football but pretended to be an expert. My wife and her daughter commented often and loudly like they were ESPN sportscasters all through the game. So imagine this going on for most of the game that even my dog could not enjoy except when he saw a dog or horse in the commercial. Then in the last ten minutes of the fourth quarter my wife ask me, and I quote " Honey, what color is our team?"

So in addition to metal detecting, she banned from watching football with me. Next time I wish to watch a good game I will take my dog and go to my son's home who is not married or even steady dating a woman and only has guys over for the TV football games. He is one smart son.

Would it have helped if your team hadn't cratered late?

You do have my sympathy. But it sounds like you've learned from this experience.

Dude. You need a man cave.. :laughing::cool:

I had kind of a man cave before I married my wife. It was a full bonus room over the garage. Then she hired a handy man and made the 1st 3/4 of it into her new big walk in closet with a wall and door to the last 1/3 which barely could contain my lamp, easy chair and stereo and short wave radio. Within the 1st six months my 1/3 sized man cave became the auxiliary attic for about 11 tubs of Christmas decorations. The days of a man cave are long gone for me I am afraid.

Would it have helped if your team hadn't cratered late?

You do have my sympathy. But it sounds like you've learned from this experience.

Yeah that coupled with Alabama's replacement quarterback who was on fire and on target during his short but crucial time of play. Happy for him. He deserves a lot of credit, talk about pressure!

I actually like both teams very much.

I like both teams but since my son and my money went to Georgia I am required to root for them. My question is which coach had his head up his rectum and called for a fake punt late in the game? Stupid does not adequately describe that stunt.

Thanks, Maxx, for reminding me how lucky I am to have a wife, kids and grandkids whose company I truly enjoy.

Certain extended relatives would be a completely different story...:roll:

Back
Top Bottom