"Think about it" into a "Yes"?

Yousername

Elite Member
Went up to the oldest house in this town built in 1842 asked if i could detect the land, was told "Come back later, i'll have to think about it" anyone have that said and it turn out to be a "Yes"? Or is it almost always a "no"?

Probably going to be a no, but I have been given permission at places that i NEVER thought I would get on. Without asking, it's a definite no, so good for you for asking. Just have to wait and see. You might be surprised with a yes.

I just called a guy today about a really old farmhouse today. He was out farming so I talked with his wife and she didn't think it would be a big deal but she had me call him to make sure. He sounded kinda skeptical and said he'd think about it. So I'm in the same boat you are with the hope and waiting.

actually I've had situations where a women wanted to ask her husband first and got a call back a few days later that turned into a yes.

I think it helped that I showed an interest in the history of her property and talked for a while about various things.

If you knock on their door, and tell you that they will think about it, the first thing I would do is to ask if there's any history over the area.They might get a little less worried than. If that doesn't work, ask about the farms around. Don't give them your number unless they ask for it. You don't want to put too much pressure on them.

Just a little tip from one that haven't asked anyone but one (yet). I asked the wife, and she told me it was fine, as long as I fill the holes, but another day when I went hunting there again, she told me that her husband didn't like it. I just said it was OK, and went home. A no is a no :shemademe:

Back
Top Bottom