Cold field hunt nets a largie and Saloon token!!

goes4ever

Elite Member
Got out today for a very cold and very possible last hunt for the year. Hunted a field site with my buddy, and I found a nice variety of items including a 1846 large cent. And good for 5 cents at the Saloon token. An Ohio 2 piece button . Couple buckles and other stuff. Cold day, but well worth it!

Attachments

• 12-15-18.jpg
    12-15-18.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 476
  • 1846 large.jpg
    1846 large.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 455
  • ohio button.jpg
    ohio button.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 5 cent saloon.jpg
    5 cent saloon.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 452
  • saloon token.jpg
    saloon token.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 465
Pure awesomeness! Good to see you still finding the great stuff. I guess you still swing the Etrac?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pure awesomeness! Good to see you still finding the great stuff. I guess you still swing the Etrac?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
only used the etrac once this year! Got the nox this spring and its all I use now!

Somebody was serious about attaching that toe tap!:lol: Pretty nice looking big D-buckle too...and that LC would make it perfectly OK if this was the last hunt.

LC's @ east-of-the-Mississippi are not show-&-tell worthy. Since, of course, LC's are brimming out of every sand box over there. Come back when you have some gold coins to show ! :laughing: (PS: I love the token :cool: )

LC's @ east-of-the-Mississippi are not show-&-tell worthy. Since, of course, LC's are brimming out of every sand box over there. Come back when you have some gold coins to show ! :laughing: (PS: I love the token :cool: )

I paid for my coffee at Cumbies yesterday morning with some spare Largies I had in my car's cup holder. I was glad to be rid of them.

I paid for my coffee at Cumbies yesterday morning with some spare Largies I had in my car's cup holder. I was glad to be rid of them.

Yup. I believe it. I was at the NDL hunt in VA a few weeks ago, and got a Large cent while I was there in VA. As did my hunt partner with me on that trip. We had gone into town to try out luck at some parks at a nearby city. He even got a 3 cent piece at one of the parks we tried.

And I saw some LC's found at the group-hunt site (corn fields that had seen CW action & old plantation sites). I bumped into one fellow, from NY state, who casually mentioned he was at 50 LC's this year so far. Sickening. Utterly sickening .

Back
Top Bottom