The difference between a Garrett and XP Mi-6 Pinpointer

jadocs

Forum Supporter
Someone asked a question in another forum about the XP Mi-6 pinpointer so I figured I'd copy and paste my results here.

Garrett Carrot on #3 (full sensitivity) with Merc dime 2".
dd8006dc0bda90cf7301589c11f37e20.jpg

XP Mi-6 paired to remote on full sensitivity. I had to GB the pointer due to the amount of EMI in my house by pressing the button once which probably lowered the sensitivity a little bit 4.5".
a1267633d76886a116707ddeb58af143.jpg

The Mi-6 will always be deeper when paired to the XP remote because you can adjust the sensitivity up to "50". When in standalone mode the Mi-6 has three levels of sensitivity just like the Garrett. Even in standalone mode the Mi-6 is deeper but not as pronounced as when paired to the remote.

I personally do not want a pinpointer that detects that far away from a target. The whole purpose of a pinponter is to locate it once you have found it with your detector. With that range it could be anywhere in the hole.

I personally do not want a pinpointer that detects that far away from a target. The whole purpose of a pinponter is to locate it once you have found it with your detector. With that range it could be anywhere in the hole.
Agree. A centimeter range works for me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

A simple press of the button detunes the pointer all the way down to whatever you need (1 cm) to zero in on targets .....just like a Garrett.

I am from the same belief BUT the MI6 does not create this issue for me. It is super sensitive but does not go "Crazy". I have owned almost every pin pointer sold today and I can say without a doubt that this is one of the best.
I believe that the Whites TRX was the one most troublesome I have owned due to it being as sensitive on the sides as it was the tip. I own 3 Garrett Carrots and have always liked them but the MI6 just plain does a better job.
Now when you pair it with the Deus then you have an even better pin pointer with more options than all the others combined.
I can tell you now that mine will be staying in my arsenal for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom