• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I was expecting my 1st to be yellow!

KirkS

I wasn't feeling it yesterday. Sunday is my only day off, and I was tired. I originally planned on hitting the beach at 4 am to greet the low tide with my Sand Shark (need more time swinging it), but my body has a problem when it comes to waking up at 3 am, so that didn't happen.

All day I was saying i should get out, but there hasn't been any rain, and the parks are not recovering too well from recent plugs, so I'm holding off until we get rain so I don't cause a new ordinance against metal detecting. :no:

So I cleaned my clad, read a book (Pulsepower), and thought about going out. But all in all, I was in the 'I don't feel like doing anything' mode all day.

Around 10 pm, I decided to hit the beach with the Explorer. Tides were wrong, surf was increasing, and it was dark, so I didn't want to hunt the water, just the wet and dry sand. So off I went to a beach I hit regularly with lackluster results at best. Walked the wet, and got some clad, pull tabs, and the usual garbage. :detector:

There is a popular resort just to the south about a half mile, so I headed that way.

Walked the wet, then meandered about at the towel line a bit, and then went over to the lounge chairs. A bit of clad, a bunch of pull tabs and crown caps, and 2 blingy letters (B & R), and then.....

BAM!

A nice shallow and solid Fe 05/Co 05, and I pull out a sweet 14kt Frederick Goldman men's white wedding band! At first, I couldn't tell what it was, as I don't bring my reading glasses, and my arms aren't long enough, but I was eventually able to make out the 14kt, and that there was an engraving inside. :woot:

So it's only taken me 3 months, but I got my first GOLD! :woohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_6896 (Small).JPG
    IMG_6896 (Small).JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 413
  • IMG_6893 (Small).JPG
    IMG_6893 (Small).JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_6894 (Small).JPG
    IMG_6894 (Small).JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 423
An FG on the first go. Well done. Felix, give this man a dinger!

An FG on the first go. Well done. Felix, give this man a dinger!
By your command! :dingding: Nice going on that sweet band!! If you're really disappointed that its not yellow you can get some fine grit sandpaper and turn it yellow! :roll:

BTW - I am always looking to hunt the low tides as well but when the timing doesn't work I'll take the high's too! :yes:

Awesome congrats! :cool:
I am not a fan of white gold either so melting it causes me zero regret!

I wasn't feeling it yesterday. Sunday is my only day off, and I was tired. I originally planned on hitting the beach at 4 am to greet the low tide with my Sand Shark (need more time swinging it), but my body has a problem when it comes to waking up at 3 am, so that didn't happen.

All day I was saying i should get out, but there hasn't been any rain, and the parks are not recovering too well from recent plugs, so I'm holding off until we get rain so I don't cause a new ordinance against metal detecting. :no:

So I cleaned my clad, read a book (Pulsepower), and thought about going out. But all in all, I was in the 'I don't feel like doing anything' mode all day.

Around 10 pm, I decided to hit the beach with the Explorer. Tides were wrong, surf was increasing, and it was dark, so I didn't want to hunt the water, just the wet and dry sand. So off I went to a beach I hit regularly with lackluster results at best. Walked the wet, and got some clad, pull tabs, and the usual garbage. :detector:

There is a popular resort just to the south about a half mile, so I headed that way.

Walked the wet, then meandered about at the towel line a bit, and then went over to the lounge chairs. A bit of clad, a bunch of pull tabs and crown caps, and 2 blingy letters (B & R), and then.....

BAM!

A nice shallow and solid Fe 05/Co 05, and I pull out a sweet 14kt Frederick Goldman men's white wedding band! At first, I couldn't tell what it was, as I don't bring my reading glasses, and my arms aren't long enough, but I was eventually able to make out the 14kt, and that there was an engraving inside. :woot:

So it's only taken me 3 months, but I got my first GOLD! :woohoo:

WOOHOO! indeed!
Congrats on the white gold! That's awesome!

FG in the hand is always better than a pop tab. I've always believed that it's better to be fishing if you're going to catch a fish, than to be thinking about fishing. :)

Way to get out there and make it happen. And AWESOME first gold, too! That's a great one! Congrats on the super-duper find!~

Wow! That's an excellent find! Such a beauty! I've found some good amounts of recently-dropped clad up at the towel line, but never legit treasure! That's gotta be enough to restore your faith in...the carelessness of wealthy beach-goers!:lol:

Thats a nice one there Kirk! I hear you about White Gold though...Its like "What?" Why would anybody wear a High Quality ring that looks like silver or Stainless Steel? I dont get it either...but when it comes to Gold Melt, who cares? Its a Great Score! Nice work!

Back
Top Bottom