Tough sun hat with headphone holes

pocketspill

Elite Member
Just found this cool hat designed for movie set sound engineers.
Has snaps where you can insert your headphones. I guess that when you take off your headphones you take off the hat with them.

563699.jpg

Pretty cool (if pricey.)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/563699-REG/Koala_SKHATXL_Soundman_Sun_Hat_XL.html

Ha I was just thinking the other day about doin a mod on a straw hat so i could where my headphones with it on. Cool

I think the trouble is that the hats lose their integrity when the material is removed. This hat uses snaps to re-combine the structure.

But is's $42+ s/h. Straw hats are like $5.

Funny, I was just about to ask what kind of hats people wear to protect themselves from sunburn etc and then up pops your thread.

Love the hat but I wonder how good it is?

Sunhat

Actually not a bad price compared to other sun protection hats, plus its rated SPF 50 for blocking the sun rays, and has a back drape for protecting the back of your head and neck.

I have to avoid sun for medical reasons, and this hat seems ideal,appreciate your posting. Should be more comfortable detecting. Now sun screen for your face and off you go.:p

I got an adapter off of amazon for 2 bucks and it let's me use my earbuds so I can wear any hat I want....usually a NY giants cap. :)

I was really interested in this hat but finally decided to get an adapter from Radio Shack and some decent ear buds. Now I can wear my wide brimmed hat with the ear buds and my ears don't sweat in this heat. Now I just sweat all over in Florida. Much more comfortable with ear buds for sure.

That hat is no longer sold I believe. I communicated with the original distributor and they stopped carrying it. I scoured the internet and its not out there. This is an old post and that hat is history. If anybody finds it anywhere else please post on here where.

That hat is no longer sold I believe. I communicated with the original distributor and they stopped carrying it. I scoured the internet and its not out there. This is an old post and that hat is history. If anybody finds it anywhere else please post on here where.

I've been thinking on this. It seems to me that a better solution would be to have a set of full-ear headphones of great quality that attach with straps rather than a solid bracket. Sort of how the better head-lights connect. These straps would be thin enough to go under the sun hat / cowboy hat, but without the discomfort of trying to wear the solid band on the back of your head.

I really wanted to get that hat. I was looking for it last month again after trying last year.

Let me ask.. if it were right in front of you, and it fit, was well-made and looked good, what would be the most you'd pay for it before walking away?

Probably up to the $35-40 range. However I just bought a flap hat recently that seems to be working out. It's not popping out the headphones and gives me good coverage so I probably wouldn't get another one. I really hate wearing hats but I've noted a huge difference in its ability to keep me cooler in my summer water hunts.

Yeah.. it'd probably cost significantly more to make a small run of them. I have access to apparel merchandising experts, but for sure they'd be more like $80-100 of any quality.

I guess I'll keep on doing what I'm doing :-)

Back
Top Bottom