Lost wedding band

headhunter

Ran across someone on FB that has lost a Tungsten wedding band,not expensive but sentimental. I use an ace 250. What would that type metal ring(no pun intended :laughing:) up as. Any body have any clue. TY guys and gals. HH to all!

Just tested mine, rings up as a tab or VDI 58

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just tested mine, rings up as a tab or VDI 58

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ty my friend..it was lost on a half mile long walking track through a park. Probably packed plum full of tabs. They ring up as a nickel on my ace 250 which is also gold rings...whew..Its gonna be a long day tomorrow. Guess I'll eliminate everything but the nickel so I ain't tempted to dig everything:no:. Thanks again and HH

Not sure about your machine, my Land Ranger Pro reads a 10k gold class ring at 44 and my tungsten carbide ring at 41. So just above nickels in the Aluminum range. Sorry I do not have an Ace 250 to test with.

If its just a cheap tungsten it be better to just replace it then to waste time and effort IMO

Tungsten Carbide rings have a high nickel content. I found this out when I got married and started to break out in a rash around my wedding band. Asked the Dr. and he determined I have a nickel allergy...Go figure.

If its just a cheap tungsten it be better to just replace it then to waste time and effort IMO

I think its more about sentiment the money, I understand completely. I've recovered a couple newly lost items for people in the past. I don't know about the Ace, but on the Exterra I set the sensitivity all the way down to only see whats on the surface and not all the trash under it.

I think its more about sentiment the money, I understand completely. I've recovered a couple newly lost items for people in the past. I don't know about the Ace, but on the Exterra I set the sensitivity all the way down to only see whats on the surface and not all the trash under it.

this is great advise! I started with a Ace 250... and I couldn't agree more, lower the sensitivity so you can surface search.... Tungsten rings in around the nickel range as stated in a few posts... most tungsten rings are men's rings and should be thick.. should ding ding your ears off if you swing over it. I found my friends tungsten in his garden a few years back... it rang like a fire alarm!

Back
Top Bottom