• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Spring is springing... somewhat

jack&jill

Elite Member
Well Winter is leaving although a bit to slowly for my taste. Have now gotten out for three hunts. Although they are a bit limited as the ground is not thawed everywhere. I did find two locations that I could sink the shovel into. First hunt was on Sunday at a park I had great success last year. Spent two hours and only dug 6 targets but one was a Merc Dime. Went to another site on Monday and only put in 7 digs and all Nickle signals with no high tones. All were trash (bottle caps, can slaw and a pull tab). Yesterday returned to the first site and again very limited targets but did dig a Silver Rosie. These two silvers added to my January digs has the 2019 count up to 6 for the year. Another week of warmth and a lot more sites will be available. Until the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 3-19-19 .jpg
    3-19-19 .jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 439
Last edited:
Nice couple saves, Trap, I heat you on the frozen ground hope to get out again this weekend

Good to see you were able to get out. Congrats on the silver.
Thanks Carl. The wait was a long time coming being over two months between hunts. Still some time before complete thaw gets here. Trapper
Nice silver dimes. I have yet to get out for a hunt yet, still too cold for my old bones.
Appreciate the reply. The anticipation of getting out was becoming a burden. Now it's getting to get out with the crew and renewing the friendships and adventures. Trapper

Nice. I'm new to the hobby and been learning my LRP in the back yard. I bound a bunch of clads so I'm now itching to get out and find some of the good stuff.

Congrats on the silver. I'm itching to get out so badly. hopefully next weekend life wont be so busy.
Thank you Duckhunter. It seemed forever for me, hope you can get out very soon. Trapper
So Trapper popped out of his hole and found silver. Great. That means six more weeks of winter. :laughing:
Good to hear it has begun there. Keep us posted.
Thanks Blaise. The Trapper has come out of hibernation at long last. I just have to be patient long enough for more ground to thaw. The site I dug both Silver's just does not have a lot of targets left in her. Trapper

Good job,Keep on going now.
Thank you Levi. It is my intention but still need mother nature to do a little more cooperation. I do not expect to have the sane results of last year but intend to hunt hard with Silver always the first but not the only priority.Trapper
Nice couple saves, Trap, I heat you on the frozen ground hope to get out again this weekend
Thanks Craig. Hope the melts reaches you very soon. It sure felt like a very long Winter for me. Look forward to sharing a few hunts with you again this year. Trapper

Congrats on the silver dimes! :hi5: I really like the merc. :cool3:
Appreciate your reply Wolf, thank you. You ever make a trip over to the Brew city area give me a holler maybe we a squeeze in a hunt or two. Trapper
Nice. I'm new to the hobby and been learning my LRP in the back yard. I bound a bunch of clads so I'm now itching to get out and find some of the good stuff.
Thank you for the reply Zippi. You picked a great place to do you study in this hobby. There are a lot of very fine people here willing to share info and get you a good start. Remember though you have to apply it all with effort and a open mind. The real treasure is to experience it all yourself. Trapper

Well Cool! Here we go though Not much longer and you will be digging anywhere you want!

This is Perfect Maple sap season this week, below 32 at night and above freezing during the day, but I think with this rain and whatnot, the frost will be dropping out of the dirt this weekend! Spitting and snowing off and on all day here, but the Robins have been stationed back for a week, and they cant afford to be wrong...Plus, the Big full Moon coinciding with the Spring Equinox puling up all those old silver coins tonight! This should be a great weekend for the Northerns to do some dirt work!

Congrats on the digging weather and silvers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom