• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Upstate South Carolina

Hello Ken, great to see there is someone metaldetecting in the upstate, most I know with detectors around here use them as dust collectors. Let me know if you would be interested in meeting up for a bit of coin shooting or relick hunting. Looks like the heat may deter alot of outdoor activities for the time being.

Great to meet you Glimflashy, nice to see some active folks around the area, I`m not far from you, I live in the small town of Pacolet. Anytime you want some comapny out detecting let me know, you can also email me at [email protected]

Great to meet you Glimflashy, nice to see some active folks around the area, I`m not far from you, I live in the small town of Pacolet. Anytime you want some comapny out detecting let me know, you can also email me at [email protected]

Nice to know there are some similarly interested people within striking distance! You're right about the heat, though. I thought some of hitting the fair grounds parking lot this morning but had to take the wife to the doctor anyway and we had to wait for a 'scrip at Wally World. Didn't get home after eating lunch and going back to pick up the meds until 2:30 so no go today.
Where do you hunt?

I hunt diffrent places, depends on what I`m after if I`m coin shooting I like to hunt Union Ballpark, Victor Park,and a few other parks, also trying to gain permission to hunt a couple other places near Spartanburg. I hunt close to the Broad River in Chester County for relicks, have found several home sites from 1800`s and a couple old hunt camps from the 50`s 60`s. What alot of folks dont know is the Union Ballpark was the fairgrounds in the 1800`s to early 1900`s. There was alot of silver taken out of there, and I`m sure there is some left. Hope your wife is ok!

I hunt diffrent places, depends on what I`m after if I`m coin shooting I like to hunt Union Ballpark, Victor Park,and a few other parks, also trying to gain permission to hunt a couple other places near Spartanburg. I hunt close to the Broad River in Chester County for relicks, have found several home sites from 1800`s and a couple old hunt camps from the 50`s 60`s. What alot of folks dont know is the Union Ballpark was the fairgrounds in the 1800`s to early 1900`s. There was alot of silver taken out of there, and I`m sure there is some left. Hope your wife is ok!

Back problem, doctor thinks pulled muscle. She was rear ended by a drunk driver in 1990 and has had trouble ever since.
I think I'm going to the fairgrounds parking lot again, probably Friday am. Might go tomorrow, but I doubt it. Have to be in Greenville at noon.
I'd like to bury some stuff in the yard and practice but it'll be too hot, I expect.

Back problem, doctor thinks pulled muscle. She was rear ended by a drunk driver in 1990 and has had trouble ever since.
I think I'm going to the fairgrounds parking lot again, probably Friday am. Might go tomorrow, but I doubt it. Have to be in Greenville at noon.
I'd like to bury some stuff in the yard and practice but it'll be too hot, I expect.

I agree its probably going to be to hot for a while forcast are for the 90`s well into next week, I guess thats just what we can look forward to til Fall.
The parking lot of the fairgrounds I would think would be good, alot of people pull change and other items from there pokets with the car keys. Most of my detceting is limited to the weekends with the exceptions of places here in Pacolet, Victor Park is one of those places. There were several large millhouses, that housed the bossmen of Pacolet mills that was torn down in the 70`s. That are is also the location of Dr. Hills home who was the local doctor that is mentioned in the Pacolet History book that visited his patients by horseback. The old Pacolet Hotel stood in this area as well which burned several years ago, havent spent much time there yet. I have pulled a few wheats, and a muercury dime from the ground there, so I do plan to continue looking.

I do a lot of searching around Chester, pageland, union, cheraw....etc.
Check out the club that meets in rock hill. http://www.scmetaldetectingclub.com/

Nice range you cover there, I have done a bit of detecting in Union, and in Chester County around the national Forest <Neil Shoals area> there are alot of old home places in that area from 1800`s. I Have only looked around a couple of the sites I have found over the years around there. I found most of those areas while either fishing or looking for artifacts, to bad I didnt own a metal detector back then. Cheraw is intresting I understand it was named after a tribe of American natives who lived close to the area at one time. I have seen on an old map showing the major wagon trail came thru that area following near the fall line that ranged from close to NY thru the state of Georgia. Are you a member of the Rock Hill Club?

eenlow,

Are all those places in Pacolet public property or did you get permission from the land owners.My Supervisor lives in Pacolet.Thanks,Ken

Maybe if it cools down a bit we can get up for a hunt.

eenlow,

Are all those places in Pacolet public property or did you get permission from the land owners.My Supervisor lives in Pacolet.Thanks,Ken

Maybe if it cools down a bit we can get up for a hunt.

yes its all public property, only place thats private is the old Pacoletmills Ballpark I have watched videos of the soldiers from Camp Croft playing ball there. I have permission to enter that property, however it is grown up pretty bad. A friend of mine told me of when he was a child going under the bleachers and picking up coins people would loose, he is in his 80`s now.

yes its all public property, only place thats private is the old Pacoletmills Ballpark I have watched videos of the soldiers from Camp Croft playing ball there. I have permission to enter that property, however it is grown up pretty bad. A friend of mine told me of when he was a child going under the bleachers and picking up coins people would loose, he is in his 80`s now.

That ballpark sounds like a GREAT place to go.I only live 15 mins from pacolet I need to get over that way one day.I just mainly detect schools and and old farm across town.Ken

That ballpark sounds like a GREAT place to go.I only live 15 mins from pacolet I need to get over that way one day.I just mainly detect schools and and old farm across town.Ken

just give me a heads up and I will meet you and we can see whats to be found in the old ballpark

I'm free all day on Saturdays and Sundays but it would have to be early with the heat we are having.Let me know what your schedule looks like.Look forward to hunting with you.Ken

Saturday early morning would be good for me, only available in afternoons on Sundays and yes its way to hot for noons this time of year. I can meet you at the Chineese restraunt in Pacolet Mills, which is beside the Fire Dept. Just name the time. Ed

7 am is good for me, I am inviting Glimflashy to meet us as well hope that will be ok. I will pm you with my cell number just in case there is any changes of plans.

Back
Top Bottom