Hello From Southern Illinois

Azmodeus

Diggin In Illinois
Forum Supporter
New here just poking around. I've been detecting off and on for a few years and owned a few low level bounty hunters then moved up to a whites prism, then on up to a whites M6, and now currently using a white's XLT E-Series. I like the Whites detectors. Is anyone here from around Southern Illinois area that wants a tag along for company? I'm around the Christopher, Herrin, Carbondale, Marion, etc area. :D

Welcome to the forum from SE Missouri.
I was in Southern Ill. a couple of weeks ago (Kaskaskia - spelling?).
I didn't have my MD with me on that trip, but wouldn't mind going back with it someday soon.
I use to make a lot of sales calls near you when I worked for a uniform company that serviced the Marion, Carbondale areas.

Welcome from chicago... Got any good finds to post?...HH

Not recently, I just found a small something today over at the folks place that might be silver. I listed it in the ID MY Finds section a min ago. BUT tuesday I plan to go a few hours away where some family lives where next door is a very early 1800's church that I don't think has been hit before, it's a very small town (they don't even have a wal-mart). So hopefully some very good finds will come from there, I'll let you know!

I'm close to So. IL.. Just now getting into md'ing.. if you want to plan a sat/sun venture let me now.. I could use the advice!

Thanks

im from energy! lets go! i dont have any good places :( but im looking for other people in my area

Maybe the 3 of us could get together sometime.. Just need a good spot!

Nick

I can think of an excellent spot over in Energy if one of yous thinks you can get permission for us to hunt it. Right over in Energy where one of you live there was the Egyptian Drive In that they closed down some years ago. I remember going there when I was a kid and if I remember right its just all grassy parking mounds through there where the screen used to be or maybe still is. If noones hit that it could be a great spot for some silver and wheaties and no telling what all kind of jewelry n stuff. I have no idea who to ask, maybe someone who lives next to it owns it or knows who does.

I can think of an excellent spot over in Energy if one of yous thinks you can get permission for us to hunt it. Right over in Energy where one of you live there was the Egyptian Drive In that they closed down some years ago. I remember going there when I was a kid and if I remember right its just all grassy parking mounds through there where the screen used to be or maybe still is. If noones hit that it could be a great spot for some silver and wheaties and no telling what all kind of jewelry n stuff. I have no idea who to ask, maybe someone who lives next to it owns it or knows who does.
I hunted it before back in the day. There still should be a lot of stuff around. Be prepared for pulltabs galore and mostly digging in gravel. But the coins shouldnt be deep at all.

iv been there at the drive in, ill try looking for some contact info, but idk. i havent been out mutch recentley but decided to take it to my girlfriends yard in makanda. i found a 1930 buffalo nickle my first one and also a 1950 dime my first silver going to post picks later. im sure we can go there if all else fails. iv also found a club in west frankfort i plan on attending a meeting, im terrible at makeing plans so if you guys fill like doing somthing let me know

mt vernon at veterans park. 5:00 he said there is about 20 people in the club. i got his son number to call he is wanting to show me a few good spots befor then, i havnt got ahold of him yet but i will.
there are a few spots iv been wanting to hit after work on a weekday or when it isnt so crowded are fernne cliff and dixon springs. suppose to be alot of history there

mt vernon at veterans park. 5:00 he said there is about 20 people in the club. i got his son number to call he is wanting to show me a few good spots befor then, i havnt got ahold of him yet but i will.
there are a few spots iv been wanting to hit after work on a weekday or when it isnt so crowded are fernne cliff and dixon springs. suppose to be alot of history there
Ferne cliff would be an awesome spot to hit. They had the annual fox hunters re-union there years ago, with literally thousands of people attending all the events. The lakeshore should be excellent as well................

You're right. As matter of factly I may just go check that out myself Tuesday. You guys can message me if you're interested in meetin me there. Ferne Cliff is considered a type of park right? No permission needed?

You're right. As matter of factly I may just go check that out myself Tuesday. You guys can message me if you're interested in meetin me there. Ferne Cliff is considered a type of park right? No permission needed?
It,s a State Park. Better check with a game warden or a ranger. I assume there is still a couple stationed there. But it was always kinda a "primitive" site. I cannot honestly say if IL state parks are forbidden or any type of permit is needed..................

Back
Top Bottom