Finally Ordered!!!

wvdave107

Elite Member
Well, it's been a few months since I was struck by this fascinating hobby/ activity. I've read hundreds of posts on here and spent hours reading articles and watching videos. I decided on the AT Pro, Pro Pointer, and a Lesche Sampson shovel. Tonight was the night...Order placed!!! I'm sure I have a lot of learning to do in the weeks to come. Really looking forward to getting started and the wife is glad she doesn't have to hear me complaining about saving my $$$ and making the order....LOL

Before anybody questions my decision...LOL I will explain my reasoning for the AT Pro....

I live in an area that has may rivers, streams and creeks. Water proof was is a must. A friend of mine hunts with an AT Pro and has said nothing but good things. Also for the price, I feel I'm getting a little more than I need for my first machine, shouldn't need to upgrade for awhile. I have read many post concerning this detector and it seems to be solid and dependable. Seems Garrett has pretty good customer service as well.

Wish me luck. I'll try to keep the frustrations of learning to a minimum. Any advice, tips or tricks are appreciated. Happy Hunting to All......

The ATP maybe the best all around detector (unless you go CTX of course). Very versatile machine. GL and HH!

I hope that you got the waterproof Pro-Pointer AT to go with your AT Pro.

03_propointer_at_image.jpg

Great choice for your first machine. You will not have to upgrade for quite some time and when you do you will be able to cash in them great finds you are going to make to buy your next machine! Happy hunting!

Very cool, sounds like you'll be geared up & loaded for bear. We'll expect to see your finds once your machines show up! :yes:

I went with the AT Pro as my first machine as well. I have had it a couple of months now and love the machine. I have been hunting in Pro Zero mode and listening to everything and digging a lot just to get the feel of the machine. I used it a lot while on vacation at my mom's and got my first silver coin ('51 Rosie), first harmonica reed, first general service button (WWI uniform) and first pocket watch. I didn't think the learning curve on the machine was all that bad but I am a detail oriented kind of person so maybe that helped me out some. Good lucky and happy hunting!!

I decided on the AtPro about 7 months ago for the same reasons and have been real happy with it. I'd recommend spending a couple of hours in standard coin mode before switching to pro zero. Pick out a small part of your yard and dig every beep. Throw some coins and jewelry while your doing it. I spend most of my time in pro zero with iron discrim at 35 and sensitivity 2 or 3 bars from max and my ground balance is between 78 -82 on most Missouri dirt. If it doesn't balance around there it's normally some kind of funky fill dirt or coal cinders. They don't explain ground balancing very well in the manual. If it's too low it makes a low pitch noise too high makes a high pitch noise. I try to find a spot in the middle. It could change in 20 foot depending on how the dirt and fill has been moved. I'll be putting in my 5th set of batteries as soon as we get enough rain to soften the ground enough to dig without a hammer and chisel. Somewhere in the middle of my second set of batteries things just clicked. I know I have a lot to learn still, but it's fairly easy to get halfway up the learning curve.
How does your wife feel about the yard? Does she like a nice green yard without brown spots? Mine does. That's how I got so good at pinpointing and digging plugs. Leave no evidence.

Welcome to the Madness!! That AtPro...Good Job on your research/choice! You aint gonna get any kickback from here...That rig has a pedigree of infield performance throughout all segments of this Sport......I held off for 2yrs after its initial introduction before buying one. After seeing all the posts and user input, a guy just cant argue with results...

They sure sling off some amazing finds and its priced right so a guy can quickly pay for it...Good Luck on your new rig and Happy Hunting!

Welcome,great choice, I'm sure you will be amazed with the things you find with the AT Pro. Look forward to your posts and remember no pics-didn't happen. lol Good luck and HH Mark

You decided wisely. I just took my ATPro out to my test garden and found the 8 inch silver quarter, again. I have an etrac, and I just sold my Deus, because the ATPro out performed all of the above. Why can't the etrac find the 8 inch silver quarter when the ATPro finds it? Also, I hunt in Pro Zero mode only. Yes, I love my ATPro, and Garrett's customer service is excellent.
Congratulations!!!!!

Congrats. You'll like it. I would suggest getting the 5x8 coil when you can. It helps at trashy sites and maneuvers much better than the stock coil at wooded sites. Works well in creeks to get between rocks also and it's easier to swing. It has respectable depth.

You decided wisely. I just took my ATPro out to my test garden and found the 8 inch silver quarter, again. I have an etrac, and I just sold my Deus, because the ATPro out performed all of the above. Why can't the etrac find the 8 inch silver quarter when the ATPro finds it? Also, I hunt in Pro Zero mode only. Yes, I love my ATPro, and Garrett's customer service is excellent.
Congratulations!!!!!

While the OP made a good choice in getting a detector, to say that an etrac won't see the quarter that an ATPro would is just silly. 8.5x11 on the AT and stock 11 on the etrac?
Now we get into the brand wars and I'm out...it's just not true.

Good choice on detectors with the ATP. You are in a great place to dirt or water hunt. Lots of old houses around Charleston. I used to drive a truck and drop loads at the old tank factory after you pass the last bridge on the right. Welcome form FL and Good luck and show us the goods.

We don't need a brand war that is for sure. I have an E-Trac and I have a friend that HAD an AT-Pro. I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt to him while hunting together the E-Trac was superior. Without digging coins in the WILD, I called him over to check them with his Pro. EVERY case he couldn't get his machine to register the deep ones, no matter what settings he used.

The At-Pro is a GREAT MID LEVEL machine. It can't do what my E-Trac can or my CZ-21's can. BUT it works and many people are happy with their choice of that machine.

I have seen the proof with my own eyes. I won't attempt to argue the point as there is absolutely no need. Be happy with your choice and learn the machine. It will work just fine.

We have a member on here that has coins jumping into his finds bag when he turns on his At-Pro. However, that isn't the normal!

Back
Top Bottom