Not a Bad Weeknight Hunt.

Compass

Forum Supporter
Went straight to the beach after work since the news had been talking about all the big surf showing up during the week. The beach cams looked somewhat promising also and sure enough when I got down to the wet sand it was obvious that a fair amount of sand movement had taken place. I pretty much dug targets every few feet or so for 3-4 hours although it there was quite a bit of trash along with about 100 coins.
It is in these kind of conditions that it would not be too surprising to scoop out a large gold band and I was finding lead fishing weights. However, I was happy to find my first gold (small) ring since February (really haven't hunted much during that time). Always fun to hunt when targets are plentiful and each scoop brings the real possibility of a special find. :yes:
picture.php

picture.php

GL&HH!

Last edited:
Looks like that one Weatherman called this inbound rip just right!! :laughing: Nice work there Compass, you sure took advantage of it! I wonder how long this open Window will hold before the sand comes back in?....Around here its about 4hrs...so Yeah, very admirable hunting for you to get out in it and get on the Gold! Beauty!

Is that a lead sub? Love the toy better than the ring!

Great finds
Thanks Scuba, It is a lead sub but I found it on E-bay, not the beach.:roll: I would love to dig one up but I just don't find many lead toys- period. I wanted one as a mascot since I served aboard a submarine while in the Navy.

That sub looks familiar.:hmmm:

I like it when she surfaces...

Nice work man, looking at the targets, conditions look favorable...

<°)))>{

Looks like that one Weatherman called this inbound rip just right!! :laughing: Nice work there Compass, you sure took advantage of it! I wonder how long this open Window will hold before the sand comes back in?....Around here its about 4hrs...so Yeah, very admirable hunting for you to get out in it and get on the Gold! Beauty!
Thank you Mud, If I didn't have to work today I think this morning's low tide would have been an awesome time to hunt. The surf was lower but still decent today. I may try to find a few stragglers after work tomorrow since I have an errand near by but I'm not too optimistic. :no:

Good to see your back out, missed your post. Love the sub!!

Good to see your back out, missed your post. Love the sub!!
Thanks OBN, I have had some hearing loss this year so I got a little discouraged for a while. The last couple of hunts, however, showed me that I can still hear targets well enough. :yes:

Congrats on the gold Compass! Totally good to see you back online and glad you're still hearing the goods!
Thanks GS, I'll be on vacation next week so I'm hoping that I'll be posting something good! :yes:

Lots of digs, glad you scored a little yellow!
Are you using the DF?
DL
Thanks DL, Yes, in the wet sand it is my detector of choice. However, there is one beach in particular where I have to use the Excal- just way too much iron trash!

Gold is always my favorite but the Sub is a keeper.
Thanks DDog, I was hoping for bigger gold but just seeing any yellow metal coming out the sand is always a welcome sight! ;)

Congrats on the gold!
Thanks Captain!

Adds submarine to bucket list. Thanks! Nice ring! Congrats on the slump breaker :)

Back
Top Bottom