First fired Minie

kmad515

I know the seasoned relic hunters will laugh at the title because some of you might be in the hundreds (or thousands :) when it comes to the number of minie balls found but being somewhat new to relic hunting it's an exciting find for me. :) I've been able to pull 5 minie's from some good sites around here (3 3-ringers and 2 Enfields) and a few small fragment pieces but this was my first fully intact fired minie. It was especially cool because I had my two boys age 3 and 6 out in the woods with me and didn't expect to do much more than supervise their outdoor "playtime". Anyway, thanks for looking and Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_2014022619106.jpg
    IMG_2014022619106.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 361
I remember my first minie, how it was found by accident, coin shooting, and how it unlocked a passion ever since! That's awesome right there, what you found.

Keep at it. It's a great branch of this hobby and I cherish each one I find, even to this day!

a system

put a system together where you and your descendants can identify where your relics came from. I admire people who do this because they pass the legacy on where as me and others simply throw our stuff together into a big pile and no one really knows where it was found. My son who is now an adult dug his first bullets on Allatoona Mountain , it was a joy to watch him at age 9 or so with a Silver Sabre ! I dug mine at Rocky Face and what a thrill it was ! We are possibly the last generation of civil war relic hunters. Enjoy it !

Hey Kmad, you have every right to be excited. You just pulled a 150-year-plus Civil War artifact from the ground! I have been lucky enough to find many at the sites my partner and I work, but I feel that same excitement each time I pull out a Minnie ball. It is addictive!!!!!! Congrats on your first.... but be warned, you will never be the same!:yes::yes::yes:

It is what it is , and that's civ baby , appreciate every piece of history you find and keep sharing it with your kids that just makes it that much more awesome . Nice find

Great find for sure. Every find is a treasure, Congratts. I also thought I would never find a CV item . Now I have collected more than 100. Keep looking :wincup:

Congratulation on your first fired CW bullet. May you find many more. I've dug over a thousand & get stoked ever time I dig another one. Wait until you dig a plate you will get a rush on that. Any way good luck and HH TIM

Back
Top Bottom