Fisher F-Point Pinpointer or other?

cheaptoad

The package I'm looking at from Kellyco includes a Fisher F-Point Pinpointer. should I bypass the package and get another pinpointer? Basses on what I have read, other then the MD this may be the most important piece of equipment.

Steve

skip it.

I would drop the package, Go with a better pointer. I have had the garrets pro pointer for 2 yrs now and never had a problem. The fishers do not last as long and you will not like it. Besides all the goodies they give you are junk and you will discard them any way.The digging tool they give you wont last long. My 2 cnts.

I was thinking Fisher F2

Could you give me a good beginner's list of items to have?

I saw a new F2 on Craig's list for $75. With the money I save I can make my own good package.

That F-Point is NOT from Kellyco.
Fisher puts these in the package with most of those multiple concentric coil set-ups.
Anybody you order from will have this in the box in this package.

Not a great handheld, but it works way better than nothing and will get you by fine forever or until you decide you want to spring for something better.

Here is a screenshot right off their website.
They have that pinpointer as one of their offers, along with that 4" coil, and neither one is listed below under Fisher accessories where they should be.
THIS IS A HUGE LIE..and they play all kinds of games like this all the time.

I wouldn't give these guys a penny for anything, ever, because after being an ethical, moral, honest and very successful retailer for almost 30 years this is just one of the things they do that turns my stomach.

Attachments

• kel.jpg
    kel.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 426
For that cheap used I would definitely grab it and then pick up the new Pro Pointer from Dallas in the classifieds for $106.

That F-Point is NOT from Kellyco.
Fisher puts these in the package with most of those multiple concentric coil set-ups.
Anybody you order from will have this in the box in this package.

Not a great handheld, but it works way better than nothing and will get you by fine forever or until you decide you want to spring for something better.

Here is a screenshot right off their website.
They have that pinpointer as one of their offers, along with that 4" coil, and neither one is listed below under Fisher accessories where they should be.
THIS IS A HUGE LIE..and they play all kinds of games like this all the time.

I wouldn't give these guys a penny for anything, ever, because after being an ethical, moral, honest and very successful retailer for almost 30 years this is just one of the things they do that turns my stomach.

Who do you recommend I buy from?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

For that cheap used I would definitely grab it and then pick up the new Pro Pointer from Dallas in the classifieds for $106.

I don't live in Dallas. And there aren't any here in New Jersey in Craig's list.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

I recommend bigboyshobbies. Contact Bart. As far as the fisher f point goes. Well mine broke within 2 months. I now dig without a pp. I'm not gonna lie.....I miss it. But till I can fund another one I will keep digging without. Ill be going with a garret pp next time. The f point served its purpose but its cheaply made.

My F-point has worked well for me since day one, and I haven’t changed batteries in like a year. At first I loved my F-point. Then I got frustrated with it because my buddy bought a pro pointer and mine seemed pretty archaic after that.

But now I love it again. because my hunting skills have improved, so have my pinpointing skills. I can find targets real quickly now with my F-point.

I think they are built well and do their job as expected. No, it isn’t real sensitive as far as depth, but that’s what the detector is for.

Also, the Fisher F2 is a great detector. I love every bit of mine. :)

The Garrett ProPointer is a luxury model pinpointer. It's nice, like driving a sporty car, and you pay more for the fancy. It's not in everyone's budget, it's a hobby for most, not a full time job, or a competition. Just out having a little fun an adventure. Don't really need to spend a lot, to find good stuff, and recover at a reasonable pace.

I got the Bounty Hunter pinpointer, with my first detector, same thing as the F-pointer. It worked, took a little time getting use to tuning in the threshold for best depth. Little annoying, since you have to do it, every time you turn it on, since the switch is integrated in the tuning knob. It works, you get the routine down, not that big of a deal to work with. Don't always need a pinpointer for every target. You get better with pinpointing with your main detector, you can dig holes pretty close to the target, it's visible to the eye.

I bought the Harbor Freight Cen-Tech pinpointer, $17, and just begging to be opened up and modified for my wants and needs. Still have to tune in the threshold manually, but it has a separate power switch, so don't have to mess with it often. Has the same range or better than the BH/Fpointer.

Was online buying some coils for my Tessoro, and got The Garrett on impulse. Wasn't going to hurt my bank balance, and just wanted to confirm my suspicions. It is nice, convenient, but really not big enough difference in my hunting. Not the must have, can hunt without item, as many claim. There are more reasonable alternatives. As have many others, it failed after about 7 months. Just went back to using the Centech for a few months, before getting around to sending it in for service. Garrett is great, for customer service, and will painlessly make it right. Didn't really miss it, the Centech worked fine for my actual needs. After getting the Garrett back, took a while to get use to it again, was worried about it going off randomly. Which it did, last time I hunted. It was mid 90s out, heat may have contributed, but that's how it started before, and got worse...

I'd recommend you calling Bart at Big Boys Hobbies too. Dealt with him yesterday on my first MD, a Fisher F-2, 3 coil package, and he gave me all the time I needed on the phone before my purchase to ask stupid questions etc. Great guy and very knowledgeable too! His prices on the F-2 packages are as good as anyone else's are and the personal touch is worth a million bucks.

Back
Top Bottom