Nickels, Nickels, Nickels And A Bit Of Silver!

Bell-Two

“What this country needs is a good 5 cent Nickel” …Goes an old saying, well Doug and I got some “Good 5 cent Nickels” today. We went back to an old site where we had some great results last year, digging many Indians, seated coins, V nicks and more but lately the pickings are getting slim there. We tried a different area and it was a good choice, Doug hit the first keeper a no date Buffalo, then a few minutes he followed it up with a 1910 V Nickel. I then got on the board when I found my first class ring, an Art Carved Ring which is silver with a platinum and copper alloy. It has a name engraved and I have already located the person and will be contacting them to arrange returning it, unfortunately it looks as though it got hit by something, I may have it straightened out before returning it. Well from there it was just clad for awhile as we moved back to the area that had produced most of the old keepers before. I then got a 1920 wheatie and then about 30 minutes later I got a nickel signal at about 2” so I always dig nickels and imagine my shock to see a really nice 1868 Shield Nickel looking back at me. Doug and Diane came over as I did my “mental” happy dance, since my hip replacement that is about the only kind I can do! Doug said “That is really nice if I can find a Shield then I would have a quadfecta.” He had found the V, Buff, and Jeff’s already. So of course about ten minutes later he calls and gives me the sign for a Shield Nickel all I could do is laugh! His too was an 1868 but in rougher condition. We decided it was time to go and on the way out about 15 feet from the car Doug hits another good signal and digs a 1939 Merc. So we had a good day with two firsts for me.

Attachments

• IMG_0853.JPG
    IMG_0853.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_0855.JPG
    IMG_0855.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0836.JPG
    IMG_0836.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 204
Great video. I'm impressed with your great integrity to return that ring. I hope it means something to the person that lost it. You are good people and deserve to find what you did.
Cliff

Back
Top Bottom