Colonial plethora!

Whenever anyone uses the word "plethora", this immediately comes to mind:

Jefe: We have many beautiful piñatas for your birthday celebration, each one filled with little surprises!

El Guapo: How many piñatas?

Jefe: Many piñatas, many!

El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of piñatas?

Jefe: A what?

El Guapo: A plethora.

Jefe: Oh yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora.

El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

Jefe: Why, El Guapo?

El Guapo: Well, you just told me that I had a plethora, and I would just like to know if you know what it means to have a plethora. I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.

Jefe: El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

From - "Three Amigos"

Congrats on those excellent finds and I hear you with trying to balance family time and detecting. Since I got back into it again I've been trying to make it beyond my own yard to no avail.

Anyways, hope they keep coming for you and happy hunting

Super finds man! :thumbsup:

Some of those buttons go way back too. Up to the early 18e century for sure.
And perhaps even more back but for that i have to have more details.

Awesome recoveries! Fancy buttons

One heck of a site you guys got there- Congrats on all the great keepers and GL going forward!

-- Jeff --

Killer site. That's a really nice collection of finds. Congrats!!!!

Nice job great finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's some great hunting there Jeff, That site would have me dreaming of Spanish silver. Congrats on the finds, can't wait to see what comes out of there next!

Holy cow !!!!! congrats on the super old goodies......Ok, I was hopin somebody else would have asked but they didn't , so what do you suppose the hand engraved silvery item is? how thick is it? and how wide?
What a super awesome old piece of land you've found there......
I wish my vacation out there could have been a week longer, but I was pretty stoked to come home with my first 1700's coin anyway........
Can't wait to see what else you guys pull outta there.......
Bob

Congrats! Love those old finds...like winning the lottery!

Awesome hunt and incredible group of finds. Congrats!

Whenever anyone uses the word "plethora", this immediately comes to mind:

Jefe: We have many beautiful piñatas for your birthday celebration, each one filled with little surprises!

El Guapo: How many piñatas?

Jefe: Many piñatas, many!

El Guapo: Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of piñatas?

Jefe: A what?

El Guapo: A plethora.

Jefe: Oh yes, El Guapo. You have a plethora.

El Guapo: Jefe, what is a plethora?

Jefe: Why, El Guapo?

El Guapo: Well, you just told me that I had a plethora, and I would just like to know if you know what it means to have a plethora. I would not like to think that someone would tell someone else he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.

Jefe: El Guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education, but could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?

From - "Three Amigos"

Now that's the way we do it here in Mass. Awesome!

Congrats on those excellent finds and I hear you with trying to balance family time and detecting. Since I got back into it again I've been trying to make it beyond my own yard to no avail.

Anyways, hope they keep coming for you and happy hunting

Thank you everyone! Havent been able to get out since Sunday and im already getting the itch. I really appreciate the replies everyone! Will keep you all posted on the return trip!

That's awesome, well done. I wish copper coins stayed in good condition! Is that a George II in some of your pics?

This seems to be one of your coins:
IR412x2.jpg

Here's the other:
images

Oldest George I've found was George III and I thought that was old! I wish for really old stuff after seeing your post, congrats!

Very impressive Jeff! Good work!

It's good to see that people are still pulling great finds from these sites.

If you find any "old" strips of lead sheet, these were sometimes to melt for musket balls.

Keep us posted on the excitement!

ABSOLUTELY FANTASITC!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TO DIG that many colonials is mind boggling!

That's awesome, well done. I wish copper coins stayed in good condition! Is that a George II in some of your pics?

This seems to be one of your coins:
IR412x2.jpg

Here's the other:
images

Oldest George I've found was George III and I thought that was old! I wish for really old stuff after seeing your post, congrats!

Very impressive Jeff! Good work!

It's good to see that people are still pulling great finds from these sites.

If you find any "old" strips of lead sheet, these were sometimes to melt for musket balls.

Keep us posted on the excitement!

Can you say WOW !!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking everyone! I believe 3/4 coppers were KG 2's and one was unidentifiable.I'm not very good at copper ID's. Upon further inspection, I think your correct Right Brain, the last one pictured may be something else. Its smaller than the rest, half cent sized. I did find a huge sheet of lead that is in my backpack, I had the same thoughts, most likely camp lead. I should be back at this site sometime this weekend. Will certainly let you all know how it goes, I appreciate your replies!

Back
Top Bottom