Hello Everyone

jimhenry

Hi,
I have recently retired and decided to get back into metal detecting again. The last time I was active was in the 70s and 80s, using first a Fisher (model unknown or unremembered) and then a Garrett Master Hunter Pro ADS Groundhog. I still have the Garrett with both 6" and 12" coils. The Garrett still works, however I will probably upgrade to a Garrett AT Pro. I am in SE PA. In the past I did find quite a few silver coins but historical objects interest me most. Among my favorites, a U.S. Army Dragoon button which my research indicated was government issue during the War of 1812. I found this in the yard of a farmhouse in Media, PA which was built in the early 1700s. Another is a brass harness hook I found at the site of a hotel in the Pine Barrens of NJ that burned down centuries ago. I had no idea what it was so I consulted an elderly friend of my mother who was in his mid-90s at the time and immediately knew what it was. And also a "2-pounder" cannonball that I found where supposedly there was a skirmish between Patriots and Brits in what was known as the Battle of Signal Hill along the "main line" of suburban Philadelphia.
Jim

You will like the AtPro, consider the new AT Max on preorders now.

Welcome to the forum from Western NY

:fmdfwelcome:

Welcome back from W Tn and HH

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome from the Gulf Coast...

Go with the Pro... tried - tested - proven...... a ton of people use them and can offer all the help you'll ever need....

I went with the Fisher F75 - great machine but real difficult to get help since few people are on the forums...

Back
Top Bottom