Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Deteknix
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 03-12-2018, 11:22 AM

Default E800

Yeah I just "coined" the Equinox 800.... So I'm patiently watching and waiting for the bug's/fix's/tweaks/weaks/etc until I decide to get one or not. I'm still in love with my CTX so I'm in no rush.... So how different are the numbers on the E800/E600 vs the CTX?

Old 03-12-2018, 11:31 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by low tide View post
So I'm patiently watching and waiting for the bug's/fix's/tweaks/weaks/etc until I decide to get one or not.

Me too!

Old 03-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Elite Member

Iím still trying to decide which one to sell CTX or Equinox. Equinox tends to hit as a back and forth high/iron tone on rusty iron, so I waste time trying to decide to dig or not on rusty iron targets. The CZ21 is like this as well, so I have gotten good at it, but it still wastes time and doesnít make you feel confident that the last target was iron or a masked target. This is why they added the Iron Bias setting, but I donít know if I trust that setting.

I definitely dig a lot more rusty iron with the Equinox, but also dig smaller targets. So it can be a pain to hunt with the equinox in heavy rusty iron, which is the best conditions for finding gold. CTX is just a smooth running, accurate, deep beast, hard to top that.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-12-2018, 02:25 PM
Elite Member

Post No Bugs

Discovered yet, maybe that's why it took so long to hit the market, no problems with mine, and yes i do use the iron bias at the beach , you would be a fool , not to

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Scuba Tector, Sovereign GT, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , Euro Tek Pro, 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 3- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10

Old 03-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Crumble View post
Iím still trying to decide which one to sell CTX or Equinox. Equinox tends to hit as a back and forth high/iron tone on rusty iron, so I waste time trying to decide to dig or not on rusty iron targets. The CZ21 is like this as well, so I have gotten good at it, but it still wastes time and doesnít make you feel confident that the last target was iron or a masked target. This is why they added the Iron Bias setting, but I donít know if I trust that setting.

I definitely dig a lot more rusty iron with the Equinox, but also dig smaller targets. So it can be a pain to hunt with the equinox in heavy rusty iron, which is the best conditions for finding gold. CTX is just a smooth running, accurate, deep beast, hard to top that.
Although I've only used the Equinox once I think I felt that same feeling of a lack of "confidence" of what I was hearing and perhaps what I was missing. Maybe that will come with time and a tweaking of the controls.

Old 03-12-2018, 05:33 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Compass View post
Although I've only used the Equinox once I think I felt that same feeling of a lack of "confidence" of what I was hearing and perhaps what I was missing. Maybe that will come with time and a tweaking of the controls.
take a PI back to the beach, dig a few thousand holes, then try the NOX again. It will feel heaven-sent. ROFL>...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:22 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by DaviDs View post
take a PI back to the beach, dig a few thousand holes, then try the NOX again. It will feel heaven-sent. ROFL>...
I have 2 PI machines and have dug MANY thousands of holes. I really don't mind as long as I'm finding the goods with an acceptable trash to treasure ratio. However, when I get in an area with 30 pieces of iron to every zinc penny I need a plan B. My Plan B was the Excal but I need to see where the Equinox will fit in- if not B maybe plan C? I say this jokingly but there are so many different situations we encounter that I'm not sure that one detector can do it all.
It looks like the Nox is very versatile and can be used for many different types of hunting. Is it the best in every area? Not likely, but it may be the best in some areas or maybe best for the money. It's going to take time and other coils and waterproof headphones to find out.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:47 PM
Elite Member

Yeah I just "coined" the Equinox 800.... So I'm patiently watching and waiting for the bug's/fix's/tweaks/weaks/etc until I decide to get one or not. I'm still in love with my CTX so I'm in no rush.... So how different are the numbers on the E800/E600 vs the CTX?
I'm also waiting on purchasing an Equinox 800 as well. Like Low Tide I'm in no hurry and I'll wait until the standard announcement of this or that fix in the works before making a decision. Nox drawback, while its waterproof to 10 ft not enough for me to scuba with as I do with my CZ-21 and occasionally the Dual Field.

We'll take a wait and see attitude, perhaps until Christmas when I can beg like a normal american male to get a new detector.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:28 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Numil View post
I'm also waiting on purchasing an Equinox 800 as well. Like Low Tide I'm in no hurry and I'll wait until the standard announcement of this or that fix in the works before making a decision. Nox drawback, while its waterproof to 10 ft not enough for me to scuba with as I do with my CZ-21 and occasionally the Dual Field.

We'll take a wait and see attitude, perhaps until Christmas when I can beg like a normal american male to get a new detector.
Same here on the waiting list...Been great though reading all the reports on the 800, I'm starting to lean towards taking myself off the "NOX List" though...I'm not liking that some gold rings will still fall in the zinc penny range, I was hoping to finally rid myself of having to dig those horrible Felix pennies I haven't seen any super thin gold chains being posted either I can already pick up small silver & gold tergets with the Sov GT, so not sure If I really need the E800, maybe If I'm hunting for micro gold nuggets? I do especially like one thing about the E800, It was pushed some people to unload some really nice detectors at really low prices..

Old 03-14-2018, 01:09 AM

I'm waiting to see if finds pick up including chains after the waterproof headphones come online allowing water hunters to do their thing.

Old 03-14-2018, 01:54 AM
Elite Member

Yep...I'm waiting to see all those thin broken chains this detector is so sensative to

Old 03-14-2018, 06:40 AM
Elite Member

My problem is...... no headphones or cable yet. Just bites only being able to use it thigh deep..... just not where you want to be during spring break. Soooooo ill be using the CTX and leaving those chains.

D. Meeker

Old 03-18-2018, 12:27 PM
Elite Member

Default Ctx

I'm seeing quite a few 3030s on ebay recently. Besides the weight of the machine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any thoughts?

Old 03-18-2018, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Aquaman View post
Yep...I'm waiting to see all those thin broken chains this detector is so sensative to
Go watch TheSilverSniffer's equinox 800 chain find on Tony Eisenhower's Excal vs Equinox youtube video.. He just got a thin gold chain at the beach and had a excal and a CTX 3030 go absolutely blank while going over it.... proof...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKoqcyBK8kA

Last edited by low tide; 03-21-2018 at 02:18 AM.

Old 03-18-2018, 02:34 PM

I want to get one because I need a machine that's good in iron but I keep going back to the same places with my AT Pro and keep finding stuff so I'm not sure how much better it would be. I think it would be good for the beach though.

Old 03-18-2018, 06:03 PM
Supporter

Go watch The Silver Surfer's equinox 800 video.. He just got a thing gold chain at the beach and had a excal and a CTX 3030 go absolutely blank while going over it.... proof...
Yea I saw that video too low tide, It only mildly impressed me though, If the chain bracelet was "unlatched" and sprawled out, would the 800 still pick it up? Pretty sure I could have picked up that chain with the GT the way it was, especially since it was practically on the surface and "latched"

Old 03-18-2018, 09:22 PM

I hunt with all 4 of those guys and ea knows what they are doing and we find stuff on the regular. For Dustin's CTX to not even hear it (albeit he had his 17") which I to usually use, and to have another use their Excal with no joy was pretty cool.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:14 PM
Supporter

Well did anyone try the Excal in All Metal/Pin-Point?

Old 03-19-2018, 07:37 AM
Elite Member

There is no doubt it will hit on smaller gold than the Xcal/CTX. Ive air tested a good bit of gold. Then realized something....... it was all found with those detectors. So i grabbed some small gold .... like small chains.. which a few non of the machines saw... but there were some the EQ clearly saw the other machines didnt. Yes even in PP. Now the question is going to be ...... how will sensitivity change in the salt water? Shes mighty chatty in beach 1 ran a little hot.... and in beach 2 its smoother..... much smoother. Which makes you wonder what salt setting is being used in beach 2 and how that affects it ability to see small gold. Most of us know...... if its not somewhat chatty most likely its not as sensitive. How much more chatty will it be in deeper water where you may get a lot of minerals or hard bottom? Then ..... will you notice a response that makes you dig a target thru the chatter?

I can tell you its super sensitive to small targets on the dry sand in a valley ball court even in beach 1. I got a lot of tiny pieces of jewelry .... charms ect..... that made me go blind looking for them. Had to use the.... grab a hand full of sand method.

D. Meeker

Old 03-19-2018, 08:04 AM
Freshwater Shark

I know we have an honest salt water tester and I will test it in fresh water. I get mine Thursday. I hope the headphones come out fast. I will be diving with it

However the first place I will be using it is at the state park side by side with an E-Trac. The only coins we find in there are deep snd the At_Pro couldn't get any the E-Trac could detect.