Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Coiltek electronics
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Advice on Detector Purchase

Old 03-13-2018, 01:27 PM
Elite Member

Default White's Treasuremaster

Does anyone here have an opinion on the White's Treasuremaster?

Old 03-13-2018, 01:31 PM
Supporter

Its a "Whites" machine. Very capable machine, I have sold several and even played around with them a little. ALL of my customers that have purchased them are very happy and making nice finds with them.

2018 TOTALS 31 SILVERS, 12 IHP, 28 Wheats, 3 RINGS
CTX 3030, XP DEUS, AT Propointer

Old 03-13-2018, 02:46 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by jerr-man View post
Its a "Whites" machine. Very capable machine, I have sold several and even played around with them a little. ALL of my customers that have purchased them are very happy and making nice finds with them.
Thanks......I'm thinking of buying one but reviews have been lukewarm. I'm partial to White's machines and have used them since 1983

Old 03-14-2018, 09:52 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by diggin4clad View post
Thanks......I'm thinking of buying one but reviews have been lukewarm. I'm partial to White's machines and have used them since 1983
No doubt the reviews depends the ground conditions of where it was used, and the operators level of experience. It has auto ground balance which helps adjust to soil conditions, but all said and done, it has about the same level of performance as your M6.

I noticed you are in East Conn and probably near the ocean. If you are planning on using it for beach detecting, this is it is not the best detector for wet sand. If you want to stay with White's and beach hunt, I'd suggest the BeachHunter or V3i. You can also use the TDI or Surfmaster Dual Field, but as PI machines go, they don't discriminate and you'll have to dig every single target.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:02 AM
24K Larry

Guy on here posting gold with his appears to be a dry sand hunter. I hunt the wet sand and water only so something to think about. He is doing good in the dry sand. I have 11 gold with the CTX in the wet sand and I don't hunt as much

Old 03-14-2018, 10:35 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by DaviDs View post
No doubt the reviews depends the ground conditions of where it was used, and the operators level of experience. It has auto ground balance which helps adjust to soil conditions, but all said and done, it has about the same level of performance as your M6.

I noticed you are in East Conn and probably near the ocean. If you are planning on using it for beach detecting, this is it is not the best detector for wet sand. If you want to stay with White's and beach hunt, I'd suggest the BeachHunter or V3i. You can also use the TDI or Surfmaster Dual Field, but as PI machines go, they don't discriminate and you'll have to dig every single target.
I'm strictly a land hunter....

Old 03-14-2018, 10:57 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by diggin4clad View post
I'm strictly a land hunter....
They both have the same size coil so expect the same depth from the two machines.

THe M6 operates at 14 kHz and is probably better tuned to find gold then the Treasuremaster's lower 7.8 kHz.

This is a reason why some folks are gravitating to the Equinox 800 machine. It has five selectable frequencies at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 40 where the 20 & 40 are ideal for gold.

I'd start researching more on frequencies and then go from there. It seams like the TM is a step down from your M6

Old 03-14-2018, 03:24 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by DaviDs View post
They both have the same size coil so expect the same depth from the two machines.

THe M6 operates at 14 kHz and is probably better tuned to find gold then the Treasuremaster's lower 7.8 kHz.

This is a reason why some folks are gravitating to the Equinox 800 machine. It has five selectable frequencies at 5, 10, 15, 20, and 40 where the 20 & 40 are ideal for gold.

I'd start researching more on frequencies and then go from there. It seams like the TM is a step down from your M6
I'm not stepping down from the M6. The new detector is going to be for my girlfriend.