The Sovereign chalks up another Lost My Stuff success story!!

robby4570

Elite Member
The story starts out 3 days ago, I was out at Pineapple Willy's with the Surf PI and the new Stealth 720. I had just done a grueling 4-1/2 hour hunt in the rough choppy water. My plan was to give myself a real workout with the new scoop in bad conditions, I succeeded!

I came up out of the water and a woman comes up to me and asks me to help her find a lost earring in a 20 x 20 area. Of course I said "Heck Yeah". I gridded the area 3 different ways and got every pulltab and bottle cap in that area as well as 37 cents, but not the earring. I had her move one of their 2 beach chairs but not the other because she was pretty sure it wasn't under the chairs. She was not entirely sure it was not up in the condo room though. I did not end up finding the earring and I'd like to think if I weren't so tired from the day in the water, I'd have had her move BOTH chairs. I told her that I was with LMS and to go file a lost item report in case I found it later on another hunt.

She filed a lost item report the other day, and I got the time to go look today after work. Well I couldn't remember exactly where she was sitting so I gridded about a 150 x 20 stretch of beach. As I neared the end of the time I had for the day, I hit an iffy signal just about where I remembered her chairs being right on the edge of the cut, so I went ahead and dug it. WOW! What luck, there it was in my 720 after I shook out the sand. I'm sure now that the earring was under the chair that I did not have her move. I emailed her a picture from the beach and am awaiting her response.

Another happy customer!

14280_10152205744305635_972281933_n.jpg

OK, so I don't understand....

Since finding this earring, I have called this lady repeatedly, sent a couple emails, and I think I even found her on FB and sent a message there. I have heard nothing back in reply. I would have thought after posting a lost item report, she would be watching the phones and email...... :?:

Good Karma will come to you. I had someone ask me look for a ring one night. We did not find it, but the next day I did. I gave the lady my cell number to call my phone (as I don't carry it on the beach with me). She never called and I now have a decent silver ring in my jewelry pile.

Good Karma will come to you. I had someone ask me look for a ring one night. We did not find it, but the next day I did. I gave the lady my cell number to call my phone (as I don't carry it on the beach with me). She never called and I now have a decent silver ring in my jewelry pile.

I had that happen on the very same beach as this earring with a guy's Tungsten Carbide ring. He said he lost it "somewhere out there in the water" and pointed to the sandbar. I looked for it for about an hour but did not find it. I told him to go to LMS and file a lost item report so I could reach him if I did happen to find it on some other hunt... he never did file a report, and two weeks later to the day I found it!! $300 ring retail but I'd be lucky to get $25 for it now.... Same day same thing, young kid tells me he lost his class ring in the water. I looked but could not find it so I tell him to do the LMS thing as well. He didn't either, and I have yet to find that ring, but it may still be there because there's only 3 or 4 of us that hunt the water and none of the others have reported finding it either. Go figure...

CONTACT MADE! They just got home...

I heard from them last night! They were actually still here on Sunday when I went to look for it and they were up on their condo balcony watching me detect but did not know it was me. They had driven down from Wisconsin and the last two days while I was trying to reach them, they were on the road home. She accepted my friend request on FB, is going to send me a self addressed stamped envelope with insurance on it to send the earring back home in and promised to spread the word about LOST MY STUFF. What great folks! I knew they were good people from talking to her out on the beach that first day when she lost it.

Back
Top Bottom