Digging with the 'Bandit - last hunt of 2016...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
A overnight dusting of snow made for a frosty slushy beginning to the 6th and final hunt in the holiday series before Jason retreats south and leaves me to enjoy the cold and snow. He wanted to look for shiny silver so off to Bottlecap Park we went. I hate the place...too much trash, hardly any clad left in the first 6" but we both have done well in the past. There were some targets I couldn't retrieve today that sounded real good, but I did get these Not too many digs, this was everything besides some pennies that I threw at Jason:lol: a valve to a gas lamp, a few other pieces of brass and aluminum scrap, 85 cents towards the battery fund, 3 wheats, this thing... Probably just gold filled, but old and very cool that it has my initial engraved on it, whatever it is now on to the important stuff...silvers #107 and #108 For the 6 hunt holiday series these were my silver and sterling digs I had a excellent time digging with Jason as always...pushing each other to find the next silver. I'll miss the competition:yes: 108 silvers and that's it for 2016 for the Captain...I began it with a 32 hunt silver streak using the Elite...and finished it off with a 16 hunt silver run with the Explorer II. I'll do a year end thread with the season's finds in a day or 2...until then, thanks as always for the looks and Happy Hunting to all in 2017!

Another great year! Congrats on getting out I that horrible weather. Looks like we have some winter arriving here after the next 3 days of rain.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats Bruce on a very fine season. I can not imagine what your counts would have been if you had been able to hunt the whole year. I was very happy to see that Jason made his trip Notyh to put a bit of challenge to you. I think what you did in the last 6 hunts just digging the Silver GW's was fantastic. It's just not common to out dig Silver quarters at the rate you are. This is my last year of working so I'm looking forward to being able to hunt more often. Who knows maybe some day in the future I can find my way east just to share a hunt and experience some pillaging as that Southern Pirate does. Again Congrats on 2016 and a great week of hunting with the Bandit. Trapper

Good job Bruce. Had a blast! Too bad I took the skunk on the last two hunts! Oh well I will take 10 silvers and a sterling piece back to SC! GOOOOOO TIGERS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bandit

Happy New Year, looks like the Captain is :kingdances::kingdances::kingdances: congrats Bruce glad you had a good time, Congrats on over 100 silvers, Happy New Year , Earl

Back
Top Bottom