2016 is a wrap!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
You can check my totals in the signature block. Not to bad on the silver. Didn't hunt 4 months or so due to back surgery.

Highlights of the year were moving to Tennessee and meeting some new digging buddies. Thanks to Bigfoot, Gonebeeping and JD of YouTube fame.

In terms of detecting my highlights were changing over to the Deus from the ATP.

The ATP got me 4 gold rings this year which brought in about $550 bucks when gold hit the high for the year!

This year I got one bucketlister coin scratched off when the Deus sniffed out an 1876 Shield Nickel from a spot we call Iron Hill at a local park. I only found one semi-key date coin this year and it was an 1895S Barber Quarter from a heavily hunted school/church site! Thanks to Gonebeeping for doing my digging on that hunt! I also found a 1909 VDB wheatie. Silver total was my best in many years even with the time off. Also, forgot my first Calvary button find with some gilt left on it.

I made one display case this year from items I found at a local park that has been detected heavily for 50 years. Best of it was 1876 Shield Nickel, 30 flat buttons, 2 Buffs. War Nickel, 4 Mercs, 2 Silver Rings, 1 Sterling Bracelet and a couple round balls. The large token in the display is from 1890.

I could have done without the back issues and surgery, but not a bad mding year.

Happy New Year and Good Luck!

f18d95ac901b681b4d8b982afd2ea6ec.jpg

f179f140ed022c03f091991de3895c56.jpg

b27efe4be05028f41be02b47d66ad463.jpg

555cdbbc875e8bbe7ab3115324dd8a76.jpg

51577bf67b668c8f4b84d75bac3120b6.jpg

ae1dbccd60085152c94d67a9bfdf7b90.jpg

c5fa3c549ccd00df5292f7f0174d91ad.jpg

741174db1eee9aabd92c8a99a0a6b265.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man you're a gold ring hound! Big Congrats on a great year detecting!

beephead

Thanks Beephead. The gold made up for the silvers I didn't get lol.

That's a very successful year, if you ask me. Great job! :yes:

Thanks HistoryFinder.

What a great year! Love the gold good luck in 2017!

Thanks cd. The gold was definitely a bonus for a dirt digger. All were found on door knocks. One was returned to homeowner.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a good year considering the back issues. I too have been down that road. Back surgery is not fun at all. I hope you have had better luck than I with surgery. I seem to get worse every year. All I can do now is exercise and do my physical therapy to keep from becoming a couch potato. Seems if I'm having a bad week and sit around too much, I have a tough time moving comfortably. Well, good luck, happy hunting, and take care of that back.

What a good year considering the back issues. I too have been down that road. Back surgery is not fun at all. I hope you have had better luck than I with surgery. I seem to get worse every year. All I can do now is exercise and do my physical therapy to keep from becoming a couch potato. Seems if I'm having a bad week and sit around too much, I have a tough time moving comfortably. Well, good luck, happy hunting, and take care of that back.

Thanks yendor. This was my second surgery in 5 years on the back. This time I think I'm good. I'm confident that the fusion and hardware they installed will keep everything in place. If I can force myself not to over do it for a few more months I think I'll be good this time.

Congrats on a great season !! You have some very nice and interesting finds. Good luck next season ... HH

Thanks arw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom