Atpro vs

Hmmmmmm ,......even though air tests don't prove much , I am so close to getting rid of my ATP and getting a Teknetics Patriot right now.

Not exactly an unbiased comparison. However, the Patriot does look like a good machine. They should sell a boatload of these at $400.

He really doesn't know how to run the ATP...

For starters, he says he isn't running any discrimination at all, except for the iron is at 40.

He more or less runs the ATP exactly how I never would..

Carry on...:laughing:

<°)))>{

" --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not exactly an unbiased comparison. However, the Patriot does look like a good machine. They should sell a boatload of these at $400. "

"
He really doesn't know how to run the ATP...

For starters, he says he isn't running any discrimination at all, except for the iron is at 40.

He more or less runs the ATP exactly how I never would.. "

True , that is a very biased comparison. But some real advantages of the Patriot does come through pretty clearly. Depth in an air test don't mean much but the faster retune speed and ability to bang those targets out a little more crisp looks really good. I don't think he could have faked that quick retune or the slower retune of the ATP. The patriot looks to have more room to make adjustments within the settings and extra options the ATP don't have. The F70 is no slouch , many say it out performs the ATP ,....and the patriot is just a repackaged F70. I cant base it just on this comparison but Im gonna do some more research on the patriot. That kind of performance from a $400 machine seems hard to beat.

Not saying the Patriot is better or worse, looks pretty good..

But that is not even close to what I hear with my settings on the ATP..

<°)))>{

Not saying the Patriot is better or worse, looks pretty good..

But that is not even close to what I hear with my settings on the ATP..

<°)))>{

Depending on which site I hunt , I may use some discrimination or run wide open , and I have never noticed discrimination slowing the retune time and even wide open I can see a slight but noticeable difference between the pro and what this video shows the patriot doing. I could be wrong but now that I have a benchmark I can set up a test to compare. The retune may not be slower , it could just be a more pronounced seperation due to the sharpness of the tone , but I will test it.

I would be skeptical of the build quality. I think I would want to hold one in my own hands before I purchased. I've had other Teknetics products in the past. The T2 was built like a tank. The Omega seemed pretty flimsy. I questioned how the build quality of the Patriot compares, and he felt the Omega was a solid machine and the Patriot is the same. Maybe all my years with Tesoro products spoiled me, but if the Patriot is just as flimsy as the Omega was, I'd be careful.

But that's just me. I don't mean to offend any Omega owners out there.

Dan

This dude wanted to see how his overpriced AT Pro stacked up to the underpriced Patriot. I simply obliged the guy. He knew what was coming. It's not like I was expecting high fives from Garrett fans. I just had a job to do...a personal request is all. :lol:

On a less angelic note...It would simply be impossible for me to test every single disc/sens setting available. It can never be apples to apples...and I obviously cannot please everybody (and obviously was not trying to with this video). I try to find a middle ground and call it a day.

Anyways... For inquiring minds...

Disc was set at 40 for the nail test only - as the AT Pro would not stop crackling/falsing on the nails (one rusty one shiny) until disc 34. So I rounded the test up to where both machines break iron. 40 on the AT...15 on the Patriot. Seems fair enough.

Nickle/dime recovery speed was disc 0...nickle/dime separation was disc 0...air tests were disc 0.

If I were set the disc to 6 on the Patriot (where the nails stopped) it would have been a slaughtering. I guess I missed where adjusting the disc equates to a changing of recovery speed on an AT Pro. :roll:

Glad you guys got something out of it. Even if it was a rise. :D

I lasted 10 seconds...voice almost as annoying as Bill Ladd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This dude wanted to see how his overpriced AT Pro stacked up to the underpriced Patriot. I simply obliged the guy. He knew what was coming. It's not like I was expecting high fives from Garrett fans. I just had a job to do...a personal request is all. :lol:

On a less angelic note...It would simply be impossible for me to test every single disc/sens setting available. It can never be apples to apples...and I obviously cannot please everybody (and obviously was not trying to with this video). I try to find a middle ground and call it a day.

Anyways... For inquiring minds...

Disc was set at 40 for the nail test only - as the AT Pro would not stop crackling/falsing on the nails (one rusty one shiny) until disc 34. So I rounded the test up to where both machines break iron. 40 on the AT...15 on the Patriot. Seems fair enough.

Nickle/dime recovery speed was disc 0...nickle/dime separation was disc 0...air tests were disc 0.

If I were set the disc to 6 on the Patriot (where the nails stopped) it would have been a slaughtering. I guess I missed where adjusting the disc equates to a changing of recovery speed on an AT Pro. :roll:

Glad you guys got something out of it. Even if it was a rise. :D

Over priced ATP.....:laughing:

<°)))>{

EVERY detector has its strong points and weak points. For someone to like the detector they use , the strong points have to match the particular needs and hunting style of the operator......which varies from person to person. I am happy with my ATP but Im not afraid to say the Patriot seems impressive.

For many years I used Whites and Tesoro beep/dig machines , the Garrett ace 250 was my first venture into anything with a visual ID. After three years of using the 250 I upgraded to the ATP and it was a very significant step up. After four years using the ATP I am wondering , since I don't really water hunt anymore , is there another detector out there.......a different school of thought in the development process.....that could deal with the super trashy , almost impossible ground I hunt 99% of the time. The ATP does very well , compared to the others Ive used , but there is probably room for improvement.....on my budget ? probably not , but there " may " be a glimmer of hope in the F70 or this lower cost clone.....still not really in the budget but maybe some day. That quick retune does look promising , even if its just a fraction of a second faster that can equal a lot when sweeping over the soil I hunt most of the time. Will it make a difference ? ....I don't know , but the discrimination looks atleast as good and its more configurable. Maybe some day I will get a chance to try it out but for now I can just mark it as a possible future upgrade.

@woodbutcher - It's a steal at $400....so at $290 it seems like somebody needs some quick cash. Could be a field tester...or somebody that just didn't mesh with it..or somebody late on rent who overspent and now the wife is pissed. A myriad of reasons. All new releases go through it. Mojaves and Impacts and CTX were all for sale the week after.

@Jerry - Yes and no....the T2 Classic high tones the nickel range in 3 tone or 4 tone mode - so I cannot duplicate the mid-high-mid audio test.

However, I can say I will get three high tones...or 3 VCO tones....so it DOES separate better than the AT Pro and the audio signal is crisp like the Patriot.

If the T2 mid toned on nickels...it would absolutely pass like the Patriot.

Honestly...the AT Pro recovery is quite fast. It's the audio that is the problem. It needs a break/stop in the signal so it does not bleed into the adjacent targets.

Back
Top Bottom