E-Trac Coil Died

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Hunting a couple of days ago and my machine went bonkers. Wouldn't shut up. Turned it off and on a few times and nothing changed. Kept detecting thinking it was the ground. LOL DUMB. Finally took a quarter out of my pocket and put it in front of the machine. Absolutely nothing.

Buying a new coil today. Is stock the best one to get?

Hunting a couple of days ago and my machine went bonkers. Wouldn't shut up. Turned it off and on a few times and nothing changed. Kept detecting thinking it was the ground. LOL DUMB. Finally took a quarter out of my pocket and put it in front of the machine. Absolutely nothing.

Buying a new coil today. Is stock the best one to get?

I think a 10x12 sef coil is better than stock.
Heavier though.

I think this is some thing here to point out to folks.

Folks with detector problems,,,when you post about them,,,especially in the title portion here on this forum.

Make your title clear and specific if you would. Include detector model for sure.

Not like this,,"my coil went dead"

This will make it easier for folks like Jamie to spot problems and try and render assistance.

For EVERYONE'S benefit. He did get back with me and as I suspected it is out of warranty. I paid 400.00 for the machine anyway and so I am still ahead in getting it repaired. Sure would like a lighter machine though.

Back
Top Bottom