Surface targets.

Does the F19 have a reactivity setting? I want to try the same test with the Rutus and see if the reactivity makes a difference.

Take a look at this pic.
Ruler in inches in pic to show length of nail,,and provide scale.

Down the barrel sweep using 11dd coil,,Rutus will alert on coin.
I used max freq setting,,even ran disc up to 40.

Reactvity 2 and higher a requirement here though,, reactive setting 3, and 4 provided more sweep speed.
Rutus won't tell you what the coin is conductive wise,,but gives good tone.

Notice Rutus coil is 11" wide,,,in the video above that coil narrower than Rutus.
This what is happening here with Rutus not all about recovery speed.
And I can say the same thing about so Deus.

And before some here go off the deep end.
Would Rutus or even Deus pick this target scenario (the coin) up if buried 8" and down the nail's barrel is swept?
NO

But what about an inch?

This what the Rutus does here,,Deus too,,is all relative,,,and in the end does give more odds of detecting a coin in a similar scenario with just one pass of the coil.

Sure I can rotate the sweep of the F19,, even F 75 and get the coin in the video above,,and my pic too.
But when we hunt a site,,we may never approach from this scenario from a detectable angle.

How many 6" squares in a site??
And how many angles can they approached from?
How many 3" squares in a site?
How many angles can they be approached from.
I could go on and on,,,get the idea??
This is one of the reasons Deus users are kicking butt.

Theres a skill involved to scarfing up a mega pile of shallow targets...The biggest mistake is most operators are running too hot as if they were hunting for long ago lost old deep silver...

If a fellow is paying attention to what the dirt is saying and adjusts their rig accordingly, focuses on just pulling as many targets as fast as possible, stoopin' N stabbin' then yeah...You can make some pay...I humbly submit a pic of what a guy can do with nothing but a screwdriver in such places where the majority of pay is 4" to surface....Just dial down your rig and harvest! Hot runners are just getting overloads on the shallow signals, multidenom spills, and cannot hop coil to pinpoint...

Contemplate the CPH of this pic...45 coins per hour? yeah...set up right for the location, and get good with a screwdriver..

Attachments

• field of dreams-3.jpg
    field of dreams-3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 160
Theres a skill involved to scarfing up a mega pile of shallow targets...The biggest mistake is most operators are running too hot as if they were hunting for long ago lost old deep silver...

If a fellow is paying attention to what the dirt is saying and adjusts their rig accordingly, focuses on just pulling as many targets as fast as possible, stoopin' N stabbin' then yeah...You can make some pay...I humbly submit a pic of what a guy can do with nothing but a screwdriver in such places where the majority of pay is 4" to surface....Just dial down your rig and harvest! Hot runners are just getting overloads on the shallow signals, multidenom spills, and cannot hop coil to pinpoint...

Contemplate the CPH of this pic...45 coins per hour? yeah...set up right for the location, and get good with a screwdriver..
:thumbsup:

The OTHER secret is finding a concentrated spot that has 450 shallow coins in it that are recoverable in a day :oldguy:

Yep, the Rutus just go's about it's business in a very quiet understated manor, vastly superior to many detectors in it's price range.
If the manufacturer had a dealer network and a PR group behind them, well....

Thanks ghound.

I'm more and more impressed with the Rutus.

.Just dial down your rig and harvest! Hot runners are just getting overloads on the shallow signals, multidenom spills, and cannot hop coil to pinpoint...

Interesting !!! I've upped my power to go deeper, but haven't found many coins lately. maybe I'll try dialing it back and see what happens in the real junky areas.

Back
Top Bottom