Will this shine again?

SueK

Forum Supporter
I found this pin on a former Army base (pre WWI through Vietnam). The link shows the history of the battalion associated with this pin. All of the enlisted soldiers were black, and the battalion continued until desegregation in 1951. It's one of my favorite finds.

If possible, I'd like to get the parts that I think should be shining brass (roof of the building, scrolls, etc.) back to what they should be without hurting the blue and white enamels. What do you recommend? Thanks for your help!

http://www.thefullwiki.org/24th_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)

Attachments

• San Juan Pin.jpg
    San Juan Pin.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 430
You can clean it with Simichrome polish, or Brasso cotton wadding. That is what it would have been cleaned with by the soldier who wore it.
24th Inf Regt. the brass should be shiny, as the photo.

Nice find, congrats!

Attachments

• SanJuan-Semper Paratus-24thInf.jpg
    SanJuan-Semper Paratus-24thInf.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 363
You can clean it with Simichrome polish, or Brasso cotton wadding. That is what it would have been cleaned with by the soldier who wore it.
24th Inf Regt. the brass should be shiny, as the photo.

Nice find, congrats!

Wow! That one is beautiful! That will be my goal for polishing. Thanks very much!

just remembered i have an old pin myself i'll try to polish to see if it will work best for ya but not sure if its brass... looks kinda like that in color though

Back
Top Bottom