• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Been seeing a lot of end of the year posts

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
And wanted to start my own thread.Heres some of the silver and one gold I found.The 1921 half I no longer have,probably the only find I’ve ever sold but had a local make me a offer I couldn’t refuse.Yea,I regret it tho.
I have paper plates all over the house and garage full of finds,clad,buttons,dog tags,old nickels,tokens,you name it.
In all honesty,I like these silver and gold finds but when I start looking at the paper plates and the cool stuff on them ,things I never cleaned yet I’m a little discouraged.Because I had just as much fun finding them as I did any silver coin,and I haven’t even tried to clean them or gave them a second glance since I emptied my finds pouch on the plates.
Maybe I’m more of a relic hunter or a mix of both,or a relic hunter who finds coins to?
Not sure,but I definitely enjoy the hobby and more so enjoy the people of this forum.Its been a fun year and with the weather and holidays I don’t know if I’ll get out again before 2018.
But I will be posting all my relics and other cool stuff for the year,I think they’re just as good as any coin.Happy holidays!

Attachments

• D3C4C9C6-C494-4416-83E7-8EDCFFAA4241.jpg
    D3C4C9C6-C494-4416-83E7-8EDCFFAA4241.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 273
  • 4640FF9C-8642-40B6-ADEF-40271E7534B2.jpg
    4640FF9C-8642-40B6-ADEF-40271E7534B2.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 274
  • B0BE4EF7-F1EF-40A7-9522-E391D9C42C29.jpg
    B0BE4EF7-F1EF-40A7-9522-E391D9C42C29.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 258
  • DF880C59-4EFA-46EF-B8B3-79C337871271.jpeg
    DF880C59-4EFA-46EF-B8B3-79C337871271.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 286
  • 17751F1B-2E2A-4F66-BF3B-FA2174271F16.jpeg
    17751F1B-2E2A-4F66-BF3B-FA2174271F16.jpeg
    40.9 KB · Views: 247
Awesome year. Especially the gold ring and the walkers! I'm going to post a year end thread too. My first year of metal detecting! I actually only started in June. Hopefully i have a few hunts left before i call it quits for the year. I'm definitely envious of those big silvers! Good year for sure. Post a pic when you get all those other finds cleaned up.

You kept us good and entertained this season WoodBee! :laughing: Great Group shot there! Junk finds are interesting....says a lot about the Hunter too..a guy can learn a lot here! Well done for the 2017 season!

Nice haul you got there for the year! The 1921 Walker looks like it was in nice shape. Like you, I find that a lot of my relic finds are still sitting on a patio table either soaking or dirty. I know what I'll be doing when the weather doesn't favor detecting.:lol:

Congrats on a successful season WB! Nice half haul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That gold is MASSIVE! You had a great year!

Thanks,yea it was a lot of fun

Great season man! I really like the old sterling ring and of course that FAT gold!!! Congrats and GL in the New year!

Thanks,first gold I’ve found in 2 years

Those wings alone would make me happy for ever :lol: congrats on such a great silver load and the gold too!

Thanks groundsweeper,it’s a 81st airborne jumpers pin,I thought it was a hot air balloon at first.lol

Congrats on a successful season WB! Nice half haul!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks,JWP1964..this year I’ve found more halves than ever,all of these were found within 2 blocks of my home.All except the 1921

A great haul - well done !

Thanks!

Nice haul you got there for the year! The 1921 Walker looks like it was in nice shape. Like you, I find that a lot of my relic finds are still sitting on a patio table either soaking or dirty. I know what I'll be doing when the weather doesn't favor detecting.:lol:

I’m with you,my winter project might be cleaning all my other good finds.Silver don’t need much cleaning.

You kept us good and entertained this season WoodBee! :laughing: Great Group shot there! Junk finds are interesting....says a lot about the Hunter too..a guy can learn a lot here! Well done for the 2017 season!

Thanks Mud,been a long season and I’m ready to hang it up for the year.

Nice load of Silver for the year. :woot: I especially like the Barbers, Mercs, and Walkers. :hi5: Keep it up in 2018. :mder:

Thanks!

Looks like a banner year for you!:yes: Congratz on all that Ag and the Au too!:wow2:

Definitely a banner year,silver just seemed to come on every hunt.thanks

Very nice finds!!! Way to go!!!!

Thanks!

Awesome year. Especially the gold ring and the walkers! I'm going to post a year end thread too. My first year of metal detecting! I actually only started in June. Hopefully i have a few hunts left before i call it quits for the year. I'm definitely envious of those big silvers! Good year for sure. Post a pic when you get all those other finds cleaned up.

Thanks stiffwrists,looking forward to seeing your end of the year posts..hh

Looks like you had a great year. I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet. I would like to get out a couple of more times. Good luck and continued success in the new year. Happy Holidays to you and your family. Mark

I have paper plates all over the house and garage full of finds,clad,buttons,dog tags,old nickels,tokens,you name it.
In all honesty,I like these silver and gold finds but when I start looking at the paper plates and the cool stuff on them ,things I never cleaned yet I’m a little discouraged.Because I had just as much fun finding them as I did any silver coin,and I haven’t even tried to clean them or gave them a second glance since I emptied my finds pouch on the plates.
Maybe I’m more of a relic hunter or a mix of both,or a relic hunter who finds coins to?
Not sure,but I definitely enjoy the hobby and more so enjoy the people of this forum.

Nice wrap up, WoodB, and a great year of finds for you! I can relate to your paper plate relics - my garage work bench is loaded with non-coin finds that I’ve enjoyed just as much as coins, and sometimes moreso! Through the course of my first detecting year, I rapidly learned that I get jazzed up over anything I find that I can dredge up any history on - buttons, tokens, tags, even a bottle cap that turned out to be modern but was fun to research anyway. I’m going with that it just makes us true “history hunters” :yes: :grin:

You had a fine season, a lot of silvers, especially the key date Walker, those paratrooper wings, the gold and the rest...congrats on all of it and hope you can get a couple more hunts in yet!

Back
Top Bottom