Re Updated, 100 FTY, With Morgan, Update Deer

Trapper,
Congrats on a couple amazing permissions. Glad you were able to get some detecting time in and that you weren't hurt with your buck run in!
Stay safe and keep on detecting until the ground a foot thick with frost!
Greg
Thank you Greg for all the kind words. Still have at least one hunt at both sites but it may be spring before I get back. Weather is suppose to come in heavy this week and I'm without a ride getting the car fixed.
Dayum, major kudos on the silver hoard there, especially that beautiful Morgan!!!
Thank you Sweeper. The Morgan is a real sweet coin.
I keep tell in you Dew's grid and grid some more and if that don't work try gridding. That 10 pointer has really put the hurt on the squad car. Be a bit before she becomes road worthy again ($4,200 in damage). Damm thing better by good eating. Oh no !!!! Not the Blues Brothers mobile!!!!šŸ˜³
Here is my Saturday afternoon oldies hunt..
Grid ? Oh !!!! !!! I thaught you said dig it all? Oh wait ... maybe IDX told me that ...? Just to keep me busy šŸ˜Ž
That Morgan is so nice Trap.
Congrats .
Glad Your finding a good amount off success Dew's among the trash. Regardless who said it I agree. Grid it and dig it.
Way to go Trapper! Totally amazing. Is that the same church where you killed all those Silver's last year?
Matt it is not the same site where I had the past success. That owner tore down the old church/school last spring. He has not invited me back now since early last year.
Amazing finds, big congrats to you!!
Thank you Milco, It has been a great adventure this year. Trapper

Man Trap I been soo busy I dont even get on this as much as I would like but sure glad I did this AM to see your post. Crazy hours...70-80 a week and minimal time off and when I did have a few days I had a 102 temp. Good thing is your still digging and killing it!! Miss your hunts and friendship and hope to see you in the early spring I guess. Days are numbered now till we freeze over but I do find silver almost daily, our new deposit machine at work hates silver and nobody else can understand what the weird slash non accepting coins are....SILVER, SILVER SILVER, plucked 2.25 in face just last week. Congrats again buddy and miss ya!! Great job once again.

Next year for sure jack I wouldnā€™t have been able to get out. Iā€™m on the mend now I trashed my knee and had surgery so by next spring Iā€™m hoping I will be digging and kneeling again. Best of luck finishing out the year buddy keep posting those keepers!
Sounds like we are putting a plan together.... next year with no excuses. Heal up Lee and have a great holiday season.
Fantastic finds, and that morgan is a killer find, well done!
Time this year has not been my ally Zee. Still had a great year. The Morgan really a nice finish. Already looking forward to next season and this one is not yet complete.
Nice pile of silver, beautiful pictures!
WAY TO GO, hitting the century mark (and then some), and...
AWESOME job on a beautiful Morgan! A bucket-list find (and you have THREE now???)
Congrats!! Steve
Thank you Steve, your reply is appreciated. This is my third Morgan but I still have not dug a damn "V" Nickel.
FANTASTIC ! :yes:
Thanks for the reply "Trac".
Congrats on the nice finds.
Thank you Metal for your reply.
Man Trap I been soo busy I dont even get on this as much as I would like but sure glad I did this AM to see your post. Crazy hours...70-80 a week and minimal time off and when I did have a few days I had a 102 temp. Good thing is your still digging and killing it!! Miss your hunts and friendship and hope to see you in the early spring I guess. Days are numbered now till we freeze over but I do find silver almost daily, our new deposit machine at work hates silver and nobody else can understand what the weird slash non accepting coins are....SILVER, SILVER SILVER, plucked 2.25 in face just last week. Congrats again buddy and miss ya!! Great job once again.
Mike you have been greatly missed among us this year. Have not seen you since Elkhorn. I understand the work hours as they have eaten much of my year like yours. They have me working 19 out of the next twenty and then between Xmas and the New Year holidays. 2018 will be a much better year for me as I retire Feb. 9th. Trapper

Last edited:
Got a couple of pics of the deer and car as requested. Trapper

Attachments

• deer car 1 016.jpg
    deer car 1 016.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 104
  • deer car 3 016.jpg
    deer car 3 016.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 101
  • deer car 2 016.jpg
    deer car 2 016.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 99
  • deer car 4 016.jpg
    deer car 4 016.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 101
  • deer car 5 016.jpg
    deer car 5 016.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 104
That's a hell of a buck! Almost looks crossed with a mulie the way both those G 2's fork in the back..... Oh, and nice silver also...... ;)

Wow Trap ! You spun that one around hard . Hope the Cruzer gets put back togeather . Meat in the pan I guess . Great photos .
, Dew

those are some great finds! congratulations on those man. amazing morgan too.

Yikes, bummer for your car and the deer.
Wae very surprised the insurance company decided the car was to be fixed, Over $4200 in damage. Thought I was going to have a visitor in the front seat as the horns were hitting the windshield. The deer wieghed in at over 240 field dressed.
Cool! Got some rats up I see!
Yes Mud Rat's. I have been a trapper since I was 8 years old. Never been smart enough to walk away from it. This was my 58th consecutive trapping season. From 1978 through 2005 I long lined Beaver in the spring. My partner and I averaged over 600 of the big rodent in those .
wow that's a nice Buck!! glad your ok buddy.
He was a studly critter Mike. Wife and I had some time in as we butchered and canned a lot of venison.

That's a hell of a buck! Almost looks crossed with a mulie the way both those G 2's fork in the back..... Oh, and nice silver also...... ;)
It has been two weeks since the accident and I still don't have the car back. I have been hunting deer since I was 16 and have been blessed with some nice deer. This guy was the biggest with the nicest set of horns and it was with the car, go figure. Hey I really like the Silver also. Trapper

It has been two weeks since the accident and I still don't have the car back. I have been hunting deer since I was 16 and have been blessed with some nice deer. This guy was the biggest with the nicest set of horns and it was with the car, go figure. Hey I really like the Silver also. Trapper

That's how it always happens..... :lol: I didn't get one this year, but my 11 year old went on his first ever deer hunt and got a buck. Good times!!! ;)

Wow Trap ! You spun that one around hard . Hope the Cruzer gets put back togeather . Meat in the pan I guess . Great photos .
, Dew
Got a call from the body shop saying I may have the ride back before Christmas, maybe. Was able to save the front quarters and one of the hind. The back straps were huge. Between this one and the two I shot we have over 70 jars of canned venison.
Thatā€™s some fine hunting right there!
Wish it was from the hunt. But some good eating just the same.
those are some great finds! congratulations on those man. amazing morgan too.
Thank you Mathew for the reply, it is greatly appreciated.
That's how it always happens..... :lol: I didn't get one this year, but my 11 year old went on his first ever deer hunt and got a buck. Good times!!! ;)
Sean, I can remember my Son's first hunt. He started with a bang getting a double (buck & doe) on his first shots. He has become a very good sportsman these days. Weather hunting, trapping or fishing he has excelled at it. Over the years we have shared a lot of great and for me cherished memories. Trapper

Last edited:
I have been doing this a long time and have never found a silver dollar. A bucket lister for sure. What a beauty and a thrill to dig. Looks like you have a couple of great sites. Enjoy and keep sharing!

Back
Top Bottom