Christmas gift for 6 year old????

wvdave107

Elite Member
My neighbor's son wants a metal detector for Christmas. He's been out with me a few times in the yard and the woods up from our neighborhood and absolutely loves "treasure hunting". His mother has asked me to help pick something out that would be easy for him use and handle. I don't have the experience to recommend something in that range. Obviously, they don't want to spend a lot $$. He is only 6 and his parents always have him outdoors, hunting, fishing, hiking...etc...So this isn't going to be his only outdoor activity. Any advice is appreciated....HH

I think one basic thought would be his height, so one of the youth models like detectingMO mentioned would be good. Some units may not adjustable to "fit" a child's height without modifying it yourself.

Detector for a young boy

I shipped a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV to my Nephiew's son in the Philippines for Christmas , he liked the one i was using over there this summer . He is almost 7 but big for his age so adjusted all the way down i think he can use it and adjusted to regular lenth i figure his dad can use it. Since there are 7000 islands over there there will be unlimited beaches for him to hunt. The Bounty hunter is a durable good starter unit . I used a 4" coil over in the Philippines due to the trashy beaches. The boy spent a lot of time around me he wanted some one to practice his English , may be next trip we will detect together.

bounty hunter junior, or ace 150 or 200

I think the bounty hunter junior is a good beginner machine. I think it is the only one on the market that can be found under 50 bucks that doesn't sacrifice quality. It is a perfect detector for 6-8 year olds It has adjustable discrimination, and sensitivity. I know a kid who got into metal detecting with one, and is just now upgrading to an Ace 200.

The bounty hunter machines are very affordable and I've had mine for two months and have found some awesome finds. It's very easy to use and its simplicity would be a huge feature for a kid that age.

Back
Top Bottom