Weekend cold blast hunt with daddy digger

orange ss crush

I received a E-mail on Thursday from Daddy Digger for a invite to hit the area so I said " I'm Game!". SO we met up at Mickey D's at 7 AM. He was there when I arrived and he was looking like he was ready to hunt. We grabbed some breakfast and hit the road. We went a few miles down the road and we went to a small school he had been to before and it was a hot spot from what he said. :cold:It was a cold spot if you ask me! It was only 23 degree's! We both pulled our equipment from vehicles and off we went. You see I'm new to this and this was the funny part.

We were like kids with their new toys excited to play. I found my first dig and he was 20 yards ahead of me and I could see he was about to dig in as well. I pin pointed my spot. Took out my digging tool and OUCH! The ground is frozen solid. My first thought was it can't be this frozen!:thinking: I started thinking how do these guys do this up North?! I had a visual:crazy: They must be nuts cause I almost broke my digging tool and I bet they have forearms like Popeye! So I did an about face and seen the beautiful tot lot full of ground up tires and as I figured it was easy to dig there. I looked over my shoulder and Daddy Digger was looking like "This isn't going to happen"!:hmmm: He walked over and said I know of a great tot lot with lots of sand and volley ball courts and fields. So we took off:drive:

Great park and he hit the football field and I took on the tot lot. I found allot of clad under the bridges, benches, and stairs. I then looked over at the lake that was maybe a two acre lake if that. I seen a great picnic spot and said" I bet someone may like to have a great picnic on a good day under that tree". So I headed in that direction. I found a clad spill of three pennies and a nickel on the back side of the willow tree and was feeling pretty good. :sweet:

On the other side of the tree was a little washout that went to wards the lake. I swiped it and it was like a thunderstorm went off in my head!:shock:

I said to myself "Hey I know this signal and it means silver". It hit a VDI of 89. Solid hit no distortion. I jumped and did my happy dance.:run1: I pulled my digger out and there it was a mans silver rope ring. :runaway: I put it in my vehicle till Daddy Digger came over and showed him my big loot! Sorry I don't have a pic I had a very early flight to Houston but I promise to post when I get back on Friday.

I didn't realize you didn't meet your qouta Daddy Digger. Hey I feel you did cause we are pirates and the ring is ours!:pirate:

We then went to another school and he was a digging real good clad and I was digging lots of can slaw so we called it a day. 7 AM to 1 PM

Totals were for me 3.29 in clad, five keys, and a silver rope ring. Thank You Daddy Digger! I had a great time!

Orange SS Crush scored his first-ever silver ring and I really enjoyed seeing the smile on his face! I'm digging junk rings and he pulls up silver...:lol:

Maybe next weekend will be above freezing, I definitely want to go back to that park again. On-On and HH!

I felt like lord of the rings - My precious!!! Hey Houston is real rainy till Wednesday so I already picked up a tot lot close. It looks like only five years old but It will do. Sounds good for next weekend. I want that late 1880's home site we talked about. What's your thoughts?

Orange SS Crush scored his first-ever silver ring and I really enjoyed seeing the smile on his face! I'm digging junk rings and he pulls up silver...:lol:

Maybe next weekend will be above freezing, I definitely want to go back to that park again. On-On and HH!

Here's the ring and findings

My first ring is pictured!

Attachments

• IMG_1700.JPG
    IMG_1700.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 188
Nice job on the first ring, keep it up! hope you guys hit it big over the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom