Back home: England

Doug

Elite Member
Our holiday over in Florida this year is one we will remember for a long time.

The Red Tide and the hurricane that we just caught the edge of made it a memorable holiday.

The RT was almost gone by the time we had arrived and the local authorities had made a sterling job of removing all the dead fish off the beaches.

I would like to say a special thank you to a forum member who made finding accommodation this year very easy also for allowing me to use her Excalibur and scoop for the whole time.

I met up with members who I had met in the past and new members who I met for the first time out on the beaches.

Also I met up with Phil Myers one of our forum sponsors up in Tampa.

My finds for the 3 weeks I will post at a later date, most came from the wet/dry sand and the odd one from out of the water.

Doug.

Doug,

Happy to see you again. sorry you had to keep your feet dry because of the heavy surf. See you again next year....

Happy to see you again. sorry you had to keep your feet dry because of the heavy surf. See you again next year....

Thanks Gill.

I did try in the water when the wind was in the east but there were so few finds it was easier to search the wet sand on the outgoing tide.

Hopefully we will be out again next year.

Doug's trash removal service........:D

Last edited:
I call that COMMUNITY SERVICE.....:laughing: Im surprised you dug that many with the Xcal thou.

It was wonderful what she did..... big hearted lady for sure Doug. Seems shes still out seeing the world. Good timing thou there just aint much to get.

We all really should have went to lunch just not enough time to talk when you are hunting. Didnt get to chat much with your hunting buddy either....hopefully ill run into him again. Really hope to see you again next year ...... and maybe it will be better hunting.

Gil..... buddy great to see you and Mike as well.

Very nice of you to get a loaner so you didn't have to ship a detector and scoop.

I'm assuming you found more than bottle caps. They probably looked at you funny as you tried to get them through customs. :lol: Looking forward to seeing the loot.

R5

Dew

Gil..... buddy great to see you and Mike as well.[/QUOTE]

The reason you didn't find that lost chain is you focused too hard on it. trying to get at east a picture was next to impossible. Everyone was too far apart.

I was going to tell you some guy came down the beach and gave me the Italian two hands cupped gesture for all the unfilled holes. Not mine, I would have blamed him for all the bottle caps he threw down if he made a stink. I would have used his broad brush on him.

Might make one more trip over before the snow flies.
Mike has been killing it at Jackson with the 800

Very nice of you to get a loaner so you didn't have to ship a detector and scoop.

I'm assuming you found more than bottle caps. They probably looked at you funny as you tried to get them through customs. :lol: Looking forward to seeing the loot.

R5

Thank you.

Yes I did find other things but I still have not found time since coming back from the US to take any photographs, promise it will be next week.

I call that COMMUNITY SERVICE.....:laughing: Im surprised you dug that many with the Xcal thou.

It was wonderful what she did..... big hearted lady for sure Doug. Seems shes still out seeing the world. Good timing thou there just aint much to get.

We all really should have went to lunch just not enough time to talk when you are hunting. Didnt get to chat much with your hunting buddy either....hopefully ill run into him again. Really hope to see you again next year ...... and maybe it will be better hunting.

Gil..... buddy great to see you and Mike as well.

Thanks Dew.

Good to see you again all be it briefly.

Dry/wet sand, I will try and remove most trash items, just less for other hunters to dig.

We will try and get out next year so I can buy you lunch?

oh shucks gill, your making me blush anyway it was nice hunting with you doug im sorry i didn't get to say bye. gil said you were trying to get my attn i guess i was pre occupied taking advantage of the calmness of the gulf. hope to see you next year. you were right dewey about paying attn. to those lower no.'s on the nox 800, ive been digging alot of small items, will try to post at a later date hopefully before we go to wichita ks.

Back
Top Bottom