200 posts requirment!!!!

TrailDuster

Serious?

200 posts required to use the classifieds?

I thought this was the friendlier forum, yeeesh. :p

I just dont feel the need to yak for no reason on here unless I have diligent and helpful info for other users.

Is there a way for mods to make an exception per individual accounts?
I've been registered here for a few years and a few of the regulars in the Fisher groups know me from other forums and private convo's.

I feel your pain. This will be my 125th in almost a year. Seems an extreme requirement. I guess I could post "Great Find!" on every thread and get qualified but not inclined to do so.

Serious?

I just dont feel the need to yak for no reason on here unless I have diligent and helpful info for other users.

I've been registered here for a few years and a few of the regulars in the Fisher groups know me from other forums and private convo's.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=254265&highlight=200+posts

Only 130 more to go. Type nice finds, congrats, copy it, go to finds section. click reply, paste comment, and save. open next thread an repeat 130 times. Should take less than an hour :D

if you complain about 200 posts, you'll likely complain to the mods when everything doesn't go completely and 100% your way in a classified sale mishap/disagreement. I am assuming this is one of the reasons for the requirement

458! yesssss

if you complain about 200 posts, you'll likely complain to the mods when everything doesn't go completely and 100% your way in a classified sale mishap/disagreement. I am assuming this is one of the reasons for the requirement

458! yesssss

Now see. There is a quality post.

Insulting and presumptuous. Kudos to your efficiency.

Does anyone other than me, see the irony of someone leaving because of all the goofiness and crazy amounts of spamming, then comes back years later and complains about the rules that have made it better because he hasn't been active enough to post in classifieds?

Last edited by a moderator:

458! yesssss

As others have posted, getting to 200 is easy if so inclined and that is all the more reason it makes no sense to me. So I sit here and post a bunch of meaningless "Well done!" or "Great find!" posts, that somehow makes me trustworthy? While you are explaining that to me you might also expound on your assumption that a person who may have a different view than you do on a particular rule is therefore likely to complain about other things. I view a forum as an arena for the exchange of ideas and opinions. If every one held the same position, what would be the purpose of discussion? Does having an opinion on forum rules which differs from those of the moderators make one a complainer? Are opinions on rules off limits? Enlighten me, Master.

Actually, if we’re being technical about the rules, well done and great find posts don’t count. The rules state 200 significant posts.

Now get to posting prospects, better see some posts of substance else ye forever be plebes.

PS Ignore all the well done and great find posts in my first 200. Nothing to see there, move along.

:laughing: :awwman: :tissue: :fmdfwelcome:

Serious?

Lost an atx last year to a guy named Glenn Ellenbart in egg harbor. Recently had a dispute with a long term member that received my money but never responded to a message after receiving it.
Any rule that can possibly help weed out the crooks and scammers is ok with me

Now see. There is a quality post.

Insulting and presumptuous. Kudos to your efficiency.

If youre only here to sell, thats the reason for the rule. This is a FORUM, not used car lot. Members in good standing are allowed to sell items they arent using anymore but this is nt a place for someone's personal garage sale.

If youre only here to sell, thats the reason for the rule. This is a FORUM, not used car lot. Members in good standing are allowed to sell items they arent using anymore but this is nt a place for someone's personal garage sale.

Another quality post.

If you had read the thread you would have seen where I said I left here a few years ago when the spammers were making this place unreadable. Hung out over at Findmall and after getting censored for asking where a prominent member went, decided to give this place a try again having seen others who I frequently talked with over there did the same.

But hey, being rude and presumptuous right off the bat is the norm in today's society. Rolls off my shoulders. No prob. Funny though because I belive I've had some polite back and forth with you over on the other site. Oh, but i'm new, here.:roll:

Serious?

200 posts and 6 months a member was the rule a long time ago. Then we removed the rule and several members promptly got scammed by new members. So we put the rule back. No exceptions.

Understand, the rule applies to starting a thread. Nothing prevents you from responding to a thread to a for sale, or a wanted to buy item.

Back
Top Bottom