What a difference a rake can make...

Dsm_mechva

Forum Supporter
At a property I have permission to hunt there is now a freshly raked area under a big old tree which I have already scanned before several times but did not find much due to the years of leaf build up.

There is still more area under the tree and surrounding area yet to be cleared so I will check there again also once it's cleared.

I did not have much time at the old tree spot since it was being cleared today but was able to find a few things at the end of the day.

I plan to go again tomorrow and continue my recheck.

1917,1937 & 1962 pennies
1943 D mercury

Some horse tack
And a square-ish ..something ?

9574D4BC-471E-45DD-BE20-21627F7FFAE5_zpsswnsokar.jpg

2C9CF2A9-1B05-4003-8FA5-452F5BB15E78_zpszqlfvi9h.jpg

yes exactly!

Thanks.

Several BIG piles of leaves the young fella the man hired has raked so far and I'd say he is only about 1/4 of the way done with the area. I have to give the area that's done a better searching but those turned up in very short time..So hopefully more will turn up tomorrow !

The "ground" that has been uncovered is a thick web of little roots ..makes me thankful for the Sampson shovel it crunched through them easily, without it I would be in serious trouble.

Awesome...

On some of the old homesites I detect I take a rake and also some hand held tree trimmers for branches and brush.

You're right, raking back 50 years of leaves can make a huge difference! I put the leaves and sticks back where they came from afterwards though :)

The sites I am talking about are in the middle of the woods where all that remains is old foundations.

Anyway, congrats on your great finds!

There is currently a newer house elsewhere on the property but there was an old house which is now gone that was located beside this big old tree.

I have found some civil war items on the property also, not as many as the other place I have been hunting recently but who knows what else may turn up.

I haven't had the opportunity to hunt an old foundation in the middle of the woods ...yet. Sounds like fun.

Hopefully I will have more finds tomorrow to add to this thread. Today I only had about 30 mins in the raked area, tomorrow I will have more time.

Back
Top Bottom