• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sand Shark

This ain't rocket science Craig!

..when someone as new to beach hunting as Terry is starts bragging without backing up his words some of us will respond to it..

Is that what scares you Craig? That it will debase your standing as an "expert" if newbie's realize ANYONE can be successful beach hunting after a couple hundred hours? I feel sorry for you. :no:

I don't have a problem facing who I am or what I say. I don't hide behind a fake Forum name to insult other members.. Just Sayin'. :cool:

No but you do have problems!

Attachments

• 5131832795_YOU_NEED_HELP_MY_FRIEND_answer_4_xlarge.jpg
    5131832795_YOU_NEED_HELP_MY_FRIEND_answer_4_xlarge.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 150
Is that what scares you Craig? That it will debase your standing as an "expert" if newbie's realize ANYONE can be successful beach hunting after a couple hundred hours? I feel sorry for you. :no:

Terry... I am no expert as I am always learning something new... you are the expert... you are the one with all the websites and articles... I go about my hobby doing what I do best... as you do flapping them lips Phil put up a really good reply here why don't you read it...

Damn I hate getting drawn into this. It seems like any ss thread is an excuse to jump on Terry or anyone else who makes a claim about the ss.

As you all know I have used one for a long time and have been successful with it. And yes I do dig a lot of !!!! that the VLF's don't have to. I have used other PI's - SHM2 & DF I have not used the Garrett Infinium. In my opinion the DF with the 12" coil has the edge on depth over the 10" ss. On the 8" ss and SM2 with stock coil are about even tho I like the way the ss coil slices thru the water here in the gulf. As I have said before I hunted some SoCal beaches with it without any issues but maybe my ss is different and it handled it great - after reading other people couldn't use it there I don't know what to think.

Anyway I like PI's and I like the ss but I would be successful no matter what PI I use. I would learn it and make it sniff out the gold. I would get an Infinium after reading all the good things about it but if it is deeper than the ss I don't want it. I'm digging to deep already. HH phil

ps lets not make this 15 pgs.

Thanks Phil for an honest to the point post. I agree that the smaller coil will cut through the water better. My Excal with the seasearch coil cuts through the water like a fish while the Excall II 10" coil cuts the water like a Buick. As for SS threads, I just speak up when I disagree, no matter what machine. Ive disagreed with SS, DF and CTX posts too.

This is where spin turns into full blown lies. I challange ANYONE - EVERYONE to find ONE post where I have said the "Vaquero/Cibola/Compadre is better than the Etrac/CTX/V3i/Etc."

I HAVE consistanly said the Tesoro Sand Shark is as good or better than any other waterproof PI costing Twice as much.

Hmm...

Attachments

• 36154750.jpg
    36154750.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 144
I have used other PI's - SHM2 & DF I have not used the Garrett Infinium. In my opinion the DF with the 12" coil has the edge on depth over the 10" ss.

I HAVE consistanly said the Tesoro Sand Shark is as good or better than any other waterproof PI costing Twice as much.

Terry, it looks like you and Phil have some real differences in your opinions of the SS versus other PIs. It also seems that he is also of the opinion that a larger coil goes deeper.

I don't get it either.... AND I'M A BEACH / WATER GUY...

Why do all you beach guys care what detector everyone uses? In the coinshooting forum nobody cares whether anyone uses a Minelab, Tesoro, Garrett, of Fisher/Teknetics.

I have been transitioning to beach detecting during the hot summers, but you beach guys are a funny breed. Your all about what kind of detector someone uses and you get bent out of shape when someone gives up your detecting location... Beaches replenish themselves weekly, unlike old parks. Beach gold is infinite and old park silver is a dwindling resource.

I will continue to lurk here, but dang guys! Grow up. It's a much more mature subforum in the coinshooters.

I don't care what machine anyone else uses... well, as long as it's a Sand Shark!! :laughing: J/K! It's 1 part machine and 9 parts machine OPERATOR that determines success on the beach. And as far as "secret location" or keeping a public beach to myself, on one particular morning I saw 4 other detectorists doing a beach (dry area) I hunt (regularly) and I still pulled a couple silver rings and about $3.42 in clad behind them. Two of them were working together without a scoop between them, one had a bend-over scoop and the other one a colander and small hand shovel of some sort. I've hunted with others a lot and sometimes I'm high scorer, and some times I'm the lowest of low scorers. It's all good, I'm out there to have fun, it's not a competition but some that I know act as if their very lives hang in the balance of the hunt's results. The only time I get stressed is when I'm am looking for a lost item for someone, then I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to find it for them.

Back
Top Bottom