What would you do??

HEAVYMETALNUT

Forum Supporter
THE GUYS ON THIS FORUM BELIEVE IT'S A 20 MM ANTI-AIRCRAFT CANNON ROUND AND SUGGEST I TURN IT OVER TO THE POLICE FOR DISPOSAL.IT IS ALOT BIGGER THAN A 50 CAL WE HAVE DETERMINED THAT.
http://www.weaponsofwwii.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2282
HOPEFULLY EVERYONE CAN VIEW THIS THREAD.please let me know if you can see the forum in the link above.
THOUGHTS? FEEDBACK PLEASE.
DAVE

Attachments

• MARCH 28 CELLAR HOLE 13 [].jpg
    MARCH 28 CELLAR HOLE 13 [].jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 772
no sense in chancing it Dave! I didnt go to the link you provided but I assume they are concerned with it being either an explosive round or a tracer round. if its a tracer it probably has white phosphorus in it which only needs air to ignite I believe. lots of folks keep shells they find..I have never done this..simply no reason to chance a round going off in your home...I wont tell you how I dispose of my ammo because its dangerous and I wouldnt want something to go wrong. your best bet would be to call your police dept and ask them what to do..most likely they will send someone out to pick it up.

Get rid of it... the historical significance of that find is negligable compared to the risk of having it.... You're hunting in a colonial area and this round has nothing to do with that historical period or area except for its chance dropping there... Take it to the cops and dispose of it...

I think I'm going to go with Kris on this one. Call the authorities. It's the safe choice.
Frog

I have to agree with everyone else.I would hate to see anybody get hurt,get rid of it.Call the police and tell them what you found.:?::?:

Dave

Having been trained as an EOD my suggestion is to take a photo of it for your collection and turn it over for disposal. Don't take a chance with a live round.

Believe it or not I found one of those that had already been fired..in my father-in-laws front yard..:shock:...His yard dates back to the 1800's, Still I have no idea how it got there. He made a small lamp out of it..:wow:..I Couldn't imagine finding a live one.

I just happen to have one on my desk at work that a customer gave me. it does say 20mm on the bottom, wish my iphone camera were better and I would take a picture.

for the record this one has been boared

20mm002.jpg

20mm001.jpg

Maybe They'll Give it Back?

Maybe if the authorities determine that it's not a live round they could be persuaded to give it back to you. And if it is live, I think I'd let them keep it.
Maybe the cops could keep it in the same drawer they keep their speeding ticket-writing supplies in. ;)
MP

Bail Money??

There you go again. I guess we can take up a collection for your bail money. You do have a permit for that type of ammunition, don't you???:lol: With all those cruisers, I would have figured someone would arrest you for possession. Maybe next time you call, you can give them that anti aircraft weapon you found lying around the other day:shock::p

Back
Top Bottom