1932 Canadian 5 Cent Coin Value

Joshc214

Hey guys, I found this 1932 Canadian 5 cent coin last week on the beach. I'm having trouble figuring out how much its worth. Any ideas on the grade/value of this coin? It appears to be in fairly good condition considering I found it in the sand...

Attachments

• canadian5centfront.jpg
    canadian5centfront.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 483
  • canadian5centback.jpg
    canadian5centback.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 539
It is the the "Near 2" variety. (Common) worth $2-3 dollars, made of nickel. The 1 and 2 of 1932 is in-line with the bottom of the maple leafs.

If they were lower on the design, it would have been the "Far 2" variety which is rare and it would have been worth 100x more.

It is the the "Near 2" variety. (Common) worth $2-3 dollars, made of nickel. The 1 and 2 of 1932 is in-line with the bottom of the maple leafs.

If they were lower on the design, it would have been the "Far 2" variety which is rare and it would have been worth 100x more.

Hi Coinshark, thanks for the reply! It does look like this is in the "Near 2" category. I did a bit more research, it does appear that even the Near 2 coins can be worth money based on their condition, as much as $20-54 (http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins-prices.php?coin=5-cents-1932&years=5-cents-1922-1936) for one in good condition. I guess I would have to send it in to have it graded...

Back
Top Bottom