Rainy Day, Making Pay

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Big wind and rain squalls all day long...I went on a 3hr morning hunt, and then again for another 3hrs in the afternoon...HS Sportsfields and stadiums...just flying along with the F70 and the screwdriver, stooping and stabbing...eyeballing for bills downwind along the fenceline, as well as fresh drops and cans...Concession prices are handy to review just so you know what to expect and target...

208 coins plus the paper bill for $31.94 today!....Lots of stacks, multidenom and double Q's mostly...

Got cans too, weekend total on cans is at least $15 (gas money)...still have clad in the trunk from my waterhunt with Brother STURRAT yesterday...maybe a dollar...Now THAT was a complete waste of time!:laughing:

Had to take shelter inside a Portakrapper during the fierce rain squalls...Not very roomy, so good thing I was all alone...Except for the view, It was comfortable and dry accommodations... :laughing:

I really love stabbing clad on windy and cold wet Fall days...a guy doesnt get overheated and can really make Pay!!

Attachments

• oct 15-17 afternoon.jpg
    oct 15-17 afternoon.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 188
  • oct 15-17 bill.jpg
    oct 15-17 bill.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 178
  • oct 15-17 bleacher.jpg
    oct 15-17 bleacher.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 182
  • oct 15-17 concess.jpg
    oct 15-17 concess.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 184
  • oct 15-17 morning.jpg
    oct 15-17 morning.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 179
  • oct 15-17 pott.jpg
    oct 15-17 pott.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 180
  • oct 15-17 stack.jpg
    oct 15-17 stack.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 181
Looks like ya had a pretty good day!!! Congrats!!! on the finds. I've gotten accustom to finding clad...and I'll take it all day long!!!...LOL Haven't found that much in one day...or ever but it keeps me interested and going back out. :laughing:

Outstanding!!!

I thought I had a good day this morning finding $4 in clad and a junk necklace in about 90 min hunt.

Keep at it!

Big Congrats on finding all those clad coins! We're going to have to meet up one day because I want to see firsthand your coin stabbing skills.

beephead

You got to be careful in those confined & cramped quarters areas like that porta potty....
people have sometimes dropped valuables down in that bluish water.:shock:

( Did you think of using your beach scoop in there while you were waiting out the storm :laughing:)
I would have been very nervous taking that picture,
fearful of a nasty wind gust, that would rock the cradle,
could spell a smelly catastrophe, dropping my headphones in that bluish water....

Nice haul on the clad Mud!

Did that handful in the last pic come from the pic before it? Jus askin

No..it came from the afternoon hunt with the dollar bill in it...I do get a LOT of stacks, slants, tight spills...if they are multidenom, they do NOT sound like a good target at all...

Thanks everybody, with all the Silver Dollars being found by Forum Members lately, (not by me) I figured to throw in this modest clad slam!:laughing:

Stabbing leaves no trace at all...the hole is only the size of your finger, great retrieval technique for coins/jewelry up to 5"...No kneepads or pinpointer required either...Its all about speed! Both to find the lanes and then to harvest fast...

Back
Top Bottom