Got the Gout...So I Got Out...

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
Man! Sunday afternoon my one foot really started hurting! Gout Attack! Monday I couldnt and didnt want to even walk let alone go for a soak in Lake Mich...This am I headed out to give it a go anyway...to the Dog beach! Bummer about Quinn, I get to know all the dogs and their people just by hunting down here all the time...Anyway, nice little tribute to a good dog...

It was the absolute wrong place for a hurt foot to be on the sand! It hurt so bad, I turned right around after a pass or two and headed to a nice little sports park...Since Time and Gold waits for Nobody, I'll Man up and hobble around there for a little I figured....

I had good hopes about this place, I've found 6 silver rings out of here over the years, and today the 7th showed up! Cant understand why no Gold out of here yet? Its a pretty clean place, its not like theres a lot of trash in the way, easy stabbing, always old and new clad..gotta be a Pony in here somewhere!

Regarding the Gout, I'm drinking a lot of coffee with a spoonful of cayenne pepper in it..on my second gallon already today....Thats what an old Medicine Woman told me to do......It seems to help, I dont know, I'm not a Doctor, but all that hot pepper sure relocates the pain to a different part of the body anyway! You sure dont notice a hurting foot when you are scuttling your burning rear end across the carpet! :laughing:

Attachments

• oct 10-17.jpg
    oct 10-17.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 301
  • oct 10-17-1.jpg
    oct 10-17-1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 272
  • oct 10-17-2.jpg
    oct 10-17-2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 269
Bummer on the gout, that sucks but finding some shiny silver hopefully eased the pain. Hope it gets better soon and congrats on the silver.

Sorry to hear about the feet hopefully they get to feeling better soon. It does look like you have enough change to get another cup of coffee add that Cayenne to :D.Oh and congratulations on the ring!

I have had gout and coffee made mine worse. Actually, anything acidic made it worse - tomatoes, lemons, vinegar. The thing that radically helped me in the short term was taking baking soda (alkalizer) with water. I would do 1/4 teaspoon not tablespoon. Watch your blood pressure - like a hawk if you are normally high. If you are BP meds, I would take another route. In the long term, I radically changed my diet and haven't had an issue since. Worst pain in my life was when a flare up became an attack. That pain was way worse than broken bones, torn ligaments, or dislocated fingers!

Yeah...it would probably be a good idea to stop eating food out of trash cans...Maybe I have Gout with a side case of pinworms?...

I'll try that Baking soda treatment...It cant hurt and may extinguish the burn from the pepper! I'm not on any medication, I dont even drink beer anymore, I have not seen a doctor for 10yrs since he tried something funny on me once...said he had to check my 'prostrate' or some damn thing...I'm still embarrassed that I fell for it..!:laughing:

Buddy of mine decided he wanted to be able to join me metal detecting. So he bought an entry level machine just to see if he liked the hobby. Went out with me one day and next morning his knee was swelled up and hurting till he could not walk.

Md drained fluid off the knee a couple times and told him he did not understand what was causing the problem. I asked him if he had Gout. NO!!!! Said he had had it but was cured. I suggested he have the Md check the fluid for gout. Yep that was the problem. He just refuses to do what the Md tells him to do and take his meds like he should. Hard headed old rascal.

Three years later he still is not able to get out detecting with me.

Mud get your decrepit backside to see a Doctor and do it ASAP!!!!!!!

And that's an order!!! OOPS the Old Navy Chief came out in me.

Well, Metal Magnet, I sprinkled a bunch of baking soda around on the carpet and it seemed to help knock down the stink a little, and put out a grease fire that somehow spontaneously combusted.... It took more than 1/4 teaspoon though, nearly half the box! Then I drank a glass of water...So thanks for the tip!

Geo, I'm self employed and by default, self insured, and by that I mean Not at all! So I dont go to the doctor if its something I can take care of by myself for free, like a prostrate exam! I am not quite sure what I'm looking for, but hey, I did find a set of car keys I was missing!:laughing:

Congratz on the ringer, Mud. That turquoise looks like indian jewelry, should be some good heavy silver content there!

Sometimes my dogs try to drag their rears on the carpet and get tossed outside. My brother in law (nice, but weird guy) has talked before about needing to squeeze his dogs anal glands? I'm all for feeding them and scooping poop before mowing, but there are some places I just won't go.

Coincidentally, my dog has started...um, being more self-sufficient and "cleaning up after himself". So there's less poop to scoop now, just don't let him breathe on you. Nobody ever said beagles were smart. I think they are ranked #2 in intellegence, from the bottom.

I asked my vet about it, but he insists it's pretty normal. Gave me some sort of powder to sprinkle on his food and says "this will make his poop taste bad". :?: Seriously? I never would have imagined it tasted good... :laughing:

Man that is one sweet ring there Mudd! Stay away from the mushrooms and shellfish, you must be of royal descent :lol:

Glad I don’t get that cwap! Good luck on the healing!

Had one bout years ago. Luckily it was one of those one and out deals, but damn that was painful. Still have the Crocs with the hole cut out . I went on a cherry juice binge for a couple years to make sure it didn't come back.

Had one bout years ago. Luckily it was one of those one and out deals, but damn that was painful. Still have the Crocs with the hole cut out . I went on a cherry juice binge for a couple years to make sure it didn't come back.

+1 on the tart cherry juice. I've had two bouts over the years...tart cherry juice will get those gout crystals out of your joints.

Back
Top Bottom