Bad tearout, but new clad record

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Searched a couple blocks of a torn out street, with no coins, and almost no metal junk either. There was an old part of a water pump or some auto part. After a little more than an hour, I gave up on that; deciding to go "clad stabbing" instead. Hit a ballfield, football field, and totlot. The totlot and swings were very bare, but the grassy area around them were OK. The fields' sidelines and concession areas were better. I've been detecting for many years now, but not very much, so my new 1-outing clad record of $12.55 felt like a pretty good victory! I am learning, and getting inspired by the forums here.
No silver today, but so far this summer, My Whites Eagle Spectrum has beeped out 3 Rosies, 4 Mercs, and a '57 GW quarter. I know I ain't no Capt' Silver or Mud Puppy, but I'm feelin' pretty good about rekindling my MD interest.

Hey Its all about hearing some pings and having some fun, and Clad is Fun!:laughing: Thats a nice haul there! You could buy a couple of Walker Halfs with $12! Nice Work!

Always wanted to find some sidewalk work and give it a try myself. Some make some really nice finds at them, as well as the curb strips. Congrats on all that clad! I dug less than half that yesterday, and sore muscles are paying the price today :lol:

Congrats on the clad finds....I'll take a pile of clad EVERY time with no regrets. And....like MudPuppy said, you can buy silver with your clad coins.

Thanks everybody. Buying a couple Walker halves does give an interesting perspective. I don't know if I should be more elated/ecstatic about the twelve bucks change, or less enthused if I ever do find not one, but 2 Walker halves, like no big whoop. I actually found 2 modern Kennedy halves this year, and was more excited about finding actual half dollar coins, than I was about the whole dollar of value...until I cashed 'em in, of course.

About sidewalk tearouts: Golden, short term opportunities. May be nothing, but often hold the really old stuff. My tearout hunts have been cut off quick by fast workers refilling, big equipment digging, crew foreman yelling at me, and other detectorists. ("Not much; we only found 7 Indianhead pennies")
I did manage, in one 1/3 block of fresh slab removal, one IH, one V nickel, and a seated Lib dime, all 1800s...and no pull tabs! That hunt was cut off by my own lack of free time.

Back
Top Bottom