My new safari finds.

Semtav

Elite Member
My minelab safari I got from woodbutcher showed up so I took it out in my yard to get used to it. Found 8 coins including a wheat penny and a key in about 15 min. Then went to a little trashier lot and found some more coins and trinkets . Except for the fruity tones, I think I'll like this machine. The real test will be hunting where there is a lot of rusty tin scraps. It seemed to disregard them today so I have hi hopes!

fcf5a116144b94ff1eae617c6517d5b9.jpg

b6487b3b20c1e8d503f65b7ca77c33b1.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Nice finds,that Safari will pick the good stuff out of the junk easily.I was the same way when I first started using FBs machines,didn't like the tones.I was just so usto the at pro and fishers,I didnt like Minelab tones..Then I started putting time in on it and now I think Minelabs have the best and most informative tones out there.
Another thing about Minelab FBS machines,they'll hit a 8 to 10 inch coin like they're not even trying,they are that deep ,no matter how you set them up.Word of advice on the safari,run manual sensitivity,manual sensitivity set at 15 will get you just as deep as if it were maxed out at 20...If it's super trashy just take it down to 12, still hit 8 inch coins like nothing.
Your gonna love that machine,good luck.

consider it taken care of, but I don't see any difference on my computer between mine and jwp's pics on the thread above mine.

That's weird. His pics are fine (on my screen), on yours I can see half of the 2 pennies and have to scroll my screen sideways. I think I remember seeing a ring a few days back was the same way.

ETA: I was wrong, it was the one you found the $20.

I have a Safari too Semtav, and although it's my first detector and can't compare it against any other, I will say this about it...

It is super sensitive at deep targets. It will throw off strong clear signals at the smallest hair thin pieces of metal.

Many times, I will get a clear high signal and dig til my propointer is touching the target, grab a handful of dirt only to find the smallest hair thin piece of metal that I can barely see. At times, it really ticks me off because of its sensitivity.

Copper pennies, dimes, quarters and silver give off a flutey tone and there is no second guessing when your coil is over these coins.

Take time to analyze before you dig deep 39 signals as I find most of it is rusted irrigation, wire, pipes, etc.

My coil is the SEF 6x8 and it separates the signals beautifully. I can have multiple targets side by side and still manage to eeak out the intended target.

I run manual sens at 16 because I seem to find more targets than running in auto mode.

I'm on the fence about upgrading to the Etrac, but at this point in time, my finds are only getting better as I become more productive with the Safari.

I hope this gives you a little inspiration with you new machine.

Good luck with it and HH.

Something about the sizing is very off....this whole thread is mis-sized!
Anyway,great sale and great buy guys. What Wood said about the Sensitivity is spot on...if you are looking for DEEP coins,ALWAYS manual! If shallow and a lot of junk,auto or semi auto(whatever it's called on the Safari) will work fine. It's the DEEP fringe targets that really need manual...
3 things to add...RNB 3100 battery when you can. It's a must if you hunt a lot.
Don't over think it. Minelab has done all the thinking for you. Good tone in the range you want? Dig a hole.
Lastly....my "old coin" finds escalated dramatically when I got my Explorer2. Like...IMMEDIATELY! Why? I don't care why. They did. From many sites I hunted the pants off with my Whites.
The more you use it the more the sounds will make sense. It's like listening to someone speaking Ebonics. Yeah I capitalized that,don't know why. It's the only credence I'll give it. You just have to spend time with it,it'll all come into auditory view. Really,it will. The guys who fail with FBS will NOT accept the fact that you MUST put in the time. After you do you'll understand why.
Good luck,that Safari will likely make that old fairground of yours cough many more keepers!

I have a Safari too Semtav, and although it's my first detector and can't compare it against any other, I will say this about it...

It is super sensitive at deep targets. It will throw off strong clear signals at the smallest hair thin pieces of metal.

Many times, I will get a clear high signal and dig til my propointer is touching the target, grab a handful of dirt only to find the smallest hair thin piece of metal that I can barely see. At times, it really ticks me off because of its sensitivity.

Copper pennies, dimes, quarters and silver give off a flutey tone and there is no second guessing when your coil is over these coins.

Take time to analyze before you dig deep 39 signals as I find most of it is rusted irrigation, wire, pipes, etc.

My coil is the SEF 6x8 and it separates the signals beautifully. I can have multiple targets side by side and still manage to eeak out the intended target.

I run manual sens at 16 because I seem to find more targets than running in auto mode.

I'm on the fence about upgrading to the Etrac, but at this point in time, my finds are only getting better as I become more productive with the Safari.

I hope this gives you a little inspiration with you new machine.

Good luck with it and HH.

Thanks for the info Happa.

Want to get some hunting time so I can compare it against the Racer 2 I just bought. Both seem to be great machines in the short time I've run them.

Back
Top Bottom