New Minelab Detector and video

It's a direct competitor to the Garrett ATX. Although from what I understand about it it is designed with a hard coiled cable, unlike the ATX. Wonder how much this one costs???:?:

It's a direct competitor to the Garrett ATX. Although from what I understand about it it is designed with a hard coiled cable, unlike the ATX. Wonder how much this one costs???:?:

I thought the ctx3030 was ML's answer to the ATX.

Anyway...No mention of price on their website. In the video they say to visit the website..same freaking video on website with no other additional info and no price.

Clowns !

I was hoping minelab would come out with some other all terrain unit a little cheaper than the CTX 3030 mabye a CTX le or something.

She ain't pretty but looks rugged and sturdy

Atx vs sdc2300

I held and saw a ATX, they weigh a ton, the 2300 does look like it is less bulky, however knowing Minelab , they will want to price gauge, we will see how close this machine will be in perspective to the ATX in cost, my bet not even close, another Minelab LOSS, Earl

I held and saw a ATX, they weigh a ton, the 2300 does look like it is less bulky, however knowing Minelab , they will want to price gauge, we will see how close this machine will be in perspective to the ATX in cost, my bet not even close, another Minelab LOSS, Earl

Rumor has it in this price range...

$2,100.00 - $2,499.00

Looks like something radio shack would have built. But than again its minelab so it must be the most ultimate machine for gold nuggets known to man. lol
NOT!!!!
Like you should care about prospecting in Va...NOT!!!
Radio Shack? Not hardly....unless RS is now selling military grade countermine equipment.
I thought the ctx3030 was ML's answer to the ATX.
Entirely different technologies and intended purposes. One is a PI machine, while the other is multi-frequency VLF.

The SDC-2300 is a waterproof backpack-able MPF technology PI gold prospector, supposedly second in capability only to the GPX-5000.
Latest info on price is in the $3699USD neighborhood (an Aussie dealer is taking pre-orders for $3999AUD).

http://www.minelab.com/consumer/knowledge-base/news?article=215928

Like you should care about prospecting in Va...NOT!!!
Radio Shack? Not hardly....unless RS is now selling military grade countermine equipment.

Entirely different technologies and intended purposes. One is a PI machine, while the other is multi-frequency VLF.

The SDC-2300 is a waterproof backpack-able MPF technology PI gold prospector, supposedly second in capability only to the GPX-5000.
Latest info on price is in the $3699USD neighborhood (an Aussie dealer is taking pre-orders for $3999AUD).

http://www.minelab.com/consumer/knowledge-base/news?article=215928

For one you open your mouth on something that isn't correct. I am no longer in VA. I am in New Hampshire, and secondly I have a friend of mine "a member on here" who I have done prospecting out in goldvein Va. Yes you can find gold claims in VA.
People like you wanna make me punch square in the face.

Last edited by a moderator:
youre gunna do just fine up here in the northeast:laughing: haha

Thanks jay 781.

I just hate when people open their mouth to something they don't know.

My wife is a RN we travel. Just because my signature from when I joined says VA doesn't mean im in VA. And there is gold in va anyways.
I just made a statement that the LOOKS of the detector "not quality of material" like he jumped in on looked like a Radio Shack detector. I should know as a little boy in the early 80's I had a RS detector and the coil looked identical.

For one you open your mouth on something that isn't correct. I am no longer in VA. I am in New Hampshire, and secondly I have a friend of mine "a member on here" who I have done prospecting out in goldvein Va. Yes you can find gold claims in VA.
People like you wanna make me punch square in the face.

So you shoot off your mouth about something you know nothing about (the SDC-2300), and somehow because you haven't changed your location in your profile.
You can find gold here in Michigan too, but you'll be hard pressed to find someone willing to spend $4-5K for a gold specific machine to hunt with around here. Must be a lot more disposable income in Va. :roll:

Take a chill pill or have a beer and relax. :cool: Enjoy your holiday weekend.

So you shoot off your mouth about something you know nothing about (the SDC-2300), and somehow because you haven't changed your location in your profile.
You can find gold here in Michigan too, but you'll be hard pressed to find someone willing to spend $4-5K for a gold specific machine to hunt with around here. Must be a lot more disposable income in Va. :roll:

Take a chill pill or have a beer and relax. :cool: Enjoy your holiday weekend.

actually................Beer doesn't sound that bad :)

As I raise a toast to you I say Heres to drinking with bowlegged women

This is fairly old news. Minelab announced this months ago, without a release date.

I have the military non-compact version of this same detector. I'd love a chance to test them side by side to see if they used the same detector or if they updated the circuitry.

I think this is Minelab saying "we can do that too" since Garrett released their military detector platform to the public last year.

I have never seen a detector that could be built more proprietary than that!!

<*)))>{

i am a huge fan of compact packable items. i have a .22 marlin papoose that breaks down and comes in a float bag 3.25 pounds. i wish someone made this in an affordable all purpose rugged machine like a fold down compadre.

Fold Down Compadre - you do realise if you loosen the camlocks on the Compadre, it breaks down small enough to fit in your pack -:laughing:

In fact if you get a Compadre Pro, you can also remove the coil for easier stowing -

Oh and the price is intercoursing cheap for a portable little nugget finder compared to the combat look

Funny how throwing some camo paint on detectors & making them look more military seems to be pulling more enthusiests into buying them - I'd be happy with a free arm cup strap;)

Funny how throwing some camo paint on detectors & making them look more military seems to be pulling more enthusiests into buying them - I'd be happy with a free arm cup strap;)

It has nothing to do with looks. They took an existing platform that is already proven extremely durable.

Oh, and they didn't make it "look military", it IS military.

Back
Top Bottom