worth upgrading from etp to at pro

gianetics

Elite Member
well like all hobbies i have i thought at first one metal detector and im done:laughing:. now i have a harbor freight detector a f2 and an ETP. how worth it would it be to upgrade from the eurotek to the at pro? there is nothing but love for the at pro. what im looking for is a coin shooting machine with Accurate id down to 6-7 inches. is the AT that much "better" than the etp? what am i getting for the extra $$$. the etp is great, is the at that much greater?

I would say the big difference are you will have a waterproof detector, a stock DD coil, and the ability to ground balance which should increase performance over a fixed detector.

AT PRO is a great machine for coin shooting. I have found solid IDing coins at 8"+ inches deep. :D I have gotten wheaties 9-10" with it! It takes a while to learn to distinguish the deep signals and deep coins... but once you do, it is a VERY good machine for getting in between trashy areas. :D GL!

well like all hobbies i have i thought at first one metal detector and im done:laughing:. now i have a harbor freight detector a f2 and an ETP. how worth it would it be to upgrade from the eurotek to the at pro? there is nothing but love for the at pro. what im looking for is a coin shooting machine with Accurate id down to 6-7 inches. is the AT that much "better" than the etp? what am i getting for the extra $$$. the etp is great, is the at that much greater?

Depends ... are you looking for a submersible detector? The next question I would ask is whether you have the 11" DD coil on your ETP. If you don't have the DD coil then I would recommend that you upgrade to the DD and see if you don't get the performance that you are wanting.

the ETP does have the DD on it. submersible is nice but not really necessary. I think i will pull the trigger on the AT once i sell some stuff. i dont really need to upgrade but i see mostly positive reviews on the AT Pro. the way i look at it i can grow into the AT and wont need an upgrade for a long long time.

A better upgrade would be the Omega 8000 with the 10' coil. Buy/sell price around here for a clean used one is $325-$350. It uses the same coils and hardware as your Eurotek Pro, and you already have the 11", which is the coil of choice to use on the Omega. The AT Pro might be waterproof and all, but it ain't as deep as the Omega...

im mainly detecting parks, schools, and dry beaches. i just got a pm about the xterra 705. looks like i have more research to do.

im mainly detecting parks, schools, and dry beaches. i just got a pm about the xterra 705. looks like i have more research to do.

For west coast, I'd say you'd probably be better off upgrading to the xTerra 705 over the ATP unless you want to get in the water. I'm of the opinion the 705 is more versatile in terms of purchasing various coils (size and frequency) to suite your individual needs as well as offering a variety of very nice features.
FWIW.

Coin Machine is what ya want? Then get the Teknetics Omega 8000. Its a better frequency for coins than the Garrett AT Pro and you can get a DD 11" coil on the Omega as well.

Give me a ring and I will be glad to go over each with ya. I have swung both a lot. ;)

how worth it would it be to upgrade from the eurotek to the at pro? what im looking for is a coin shooting machine with Accurate id down to 6-7 inches. is the AT that much "better" than the etp? what am i getting for the extra $$$. the etp is great, is the at that much greater?

Unless you want to swim, no IMO. Eurotek Pro is already accurate ID to 8".

Omega may give you an extra inch with GB and has better tones but you aren't going to get a huge performance difference like you did from HF->F2->ETP

Next major coinshooting performance jump would be etrac. You'll miss the light brainless fun of the ETP no matter what route you take.

Agree( Omega 8000) with the 10c

With Captain Silver, get the Omega 8000 with the 10c, you already have the 11dd than you can get the 5dd, and 13 ultimate like me , those coils work on BOTH machines :yes::D , 7.8 khzs, better for coins, my line up , ETP, Omega 8000, F75se, E-trac Bart BBH gave me a great deal on my Omega 8000, highly recommended, Earl

A better upgrade would be the Omega 8000 with the 10' coil. Buy/sell price around here for a clean used one is $325-$350. It uses the same coils and hardware as your Eurotek Pro, and you already have the 11", which is the coil of choice to use on the Omega. The AT Pro might be waterproof and all, but it ain't as deep as the Omega...
I agree, the Omega would be a nice upgrade. I haven't had any experience with the AT Pro but have used the Omega. I would be happy to give you a price on one.

thanks for the replies. i found a great deal on a lightly used xterra 705. so far i love it. deeper that the etp/f2 and loaded with features.. the only downside it had the concentric coil and i realized how much i like DD coils over concentric coils.

Back
Top Bottom