Put the 10" coil on the F2....

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
No, I haven't gone crazy.
I have a site right near my house I have been spending a lot of time at since it is so close.
A Jr. college where I have found a ton of clad and 3 gold rings...so far.

The area I have sticking to lately is right at the corner of the property with an old football field and then 2 soccer fields back to back to back and none are used for sports much anymore because they have built much better facilities on other parts of the campus.
Huge area, even though one of the soccer field is now used as a farm and I can't hunt there, the football field and the other full size soccer field and all the sideline area from all three is available to me and I have been pounding these areas as much as I can with my Compadre a little, but most of the time I use my F2 and the small sniper.
This small coil is perfect for the sideline areas because there is a lot of trash there, but I still managed to pull out much clad, a silver pendant and a gold high school class ring.

I have wandered out onto the football field and the large soccer field from time to time but never found much, not even very many signals at all because that coil is just too small for such large areas.
This morning I switched coils to the 10" on the F2 and I hit several of the areas I have been before but I was really aiming to hit that soccer field because there might be jewelry there and I have way less of a chance finding it just by using small coils and roaming around hoping to hit on some.
I actually kind of gridded an area on one end of the soccer field, a little hill that looks like a nice place for students to sit and watch the games if they don't feel like hanging out on the sidelines.
I slowly worked my way along this hill digging whatever solid signals I could find, and then eventually made it out on the field itself hunting about 20 yards on the entire side before I got bored with that and started wandering again.
I know where I stopped so next time I will start at that point and continue on.
If there is jewelry there I might find it with this coil a little easier than the sniper especially since there is not much trash out on these fields.
I have pulled a huge amount of clad from the sideline areas already, and I also cleaned up a lot of the trash there too, but I still picked up a few more coins that I missed with the sniper.
Most of the coins you see here were found on the football and soccer fields where I just never came across many signals at all in the past.
I knew there were targets here, the coil was just too small to do the job right in these large wide open areas.
Some were deeper than I believe the sniper coil could go by a bit, most of them were not and I just never ran over them with the smaller coil.
A cool thing was I was on the soccer field and got an 82-83 signal and thought I was digging a quarter but 3 dimes came out of the hole instead.
When I find a spill of coins I always search the areas all around that spot because I figure others might be sitting near this person.
About 2 feet away I got a nice 91 signal, loud, clear and repeating.
Raised the coil high and it did not seem to be a large can or huge piece of rusted iron so I dug it and this Kennedy half popped up.
Love finding these larger coins.

The object of this post is just to remind you to use all the tools at your disposal and in the right way.
I got the small coil for my normal trashy areas, but these wide open areas needed something else and I am glad I had my 10" because it worked well for what I need to do out there.
Hopefully jewelry is on the horizon, but I will take all the clad I can get too and I am very happy with today's take.
I still dug a lot of solid signal trash today, but I also found over 50 coins, $5.05 total and a whole bunch of dimes and quarters in an area I have taken a lot out of already in the past.
This was only a 3 hour hunt, also.

We all know the F2 is a beast on coins, use the right coils at the right sites and it is out of this world.

Attachments

• P1040780.jpg
    P1040780.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 182
I can't agree more. My wife wonders why I have so many fishing poles. I try to explain to her that each has a special application. She still doesn't get it.

Hey Digger27 what is the BIG coin between the pennys and the blank shell?
I count 3.43 - the unknown coin???

Top row quarters, second row dimes, that one coin is a nickel and then pennies.
This whole area is also a police training academy field so I find all kinds of blanks, paint bullets and other stuff around here all the time.

Back
Top Bottom