Love Ring

Jim Bob

Elite Member
I'm still wading the lake and it is still giving up oldies. The Love ring was the first thing I found this morning so I felt pretty good about the way the day started out. I found one more Merc dime, 1942 in nice shape, 4 more wheat pennies and some clad. The sun glasses are another story. Do you know those things are priced at $209 on the Maui Jim web site!:shock: I never even heard of Maui Jim:lol: On the 4th of July a boat load of young adults pulled up to the dock next to our house and some of them went in for a swim. Two of them with their sunglass on their head:no: Both lost them and today I put on my diving mask and found one pair. I will talk to my neighbor tomorrow as they know the dummy that lost them, and return them.:yes:
When I was their age you could buy a good used car for $200:lol: Sun glasses:no:

Attachments

• Love Ring.jpg
    Love Ring.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 7-9-sun glasses.jpg
    7-9-sun glasses.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 233
  • Maui Jim.jpg
    Maui Jim.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 233
maui jim is in Indiana or some northern state like that. I had a pair of those glasses, the nosepiece melted and they gave me a second pair free.

You're right though, I paid 200.00 for a 63 belair in 1968. You won't catch me paying 200.00 for sunglasses unless I hit the lotto tonite.:yes:

nice job I love the ring My best find was a pair of Armani sunglasses brand new, which sell for $250.00 .....at South Beach last weekend and I was thinking the same thing only my first car was a ford falcon $50.00 LOL...

Nice finds. I think it is just a sign of the times, when you find sun glasses worth more than all the other finds combined. But the person loosing them didn't think any more about their cost than the people who lost the other items did. God we are old.:lol: Good Hunting!!

56 ford

nice job I love the ring My best find was a pair of Armani sunglasses brand new, which sell for $250.00 .....at South Beach last weekend and I was thinking the same thing only my first car was a ford falcon $50.00 LOL...
Mine was a 1956 Ford and I paid $200 for it. I must have cut more yards than you did.:D It was a 3 speed on the colum, my buddy was a sound system expert so we put two speakers in the back and called it stereo:lol: Those were the days!

Those are with out a doubt some sharp looking shades but the wife would kill me if I brought them home and did not find them with the detector. Although she can go off and spend tons on scrapbook stuff. I can't say anything though because I spend tons on my hobbies too!

My first car cost 200 bux - 1940 Ford coupe, olds engine, naughyhide interior, La Salle trans. Today I have a car that cost twice what we paid for the house. Still in the same house 38 years now. What a crazy world - pretty soon we'll have to get a loan to gas up ! Steve in so az

Nice finds Jim Bob!!! Out west here the Maui Jims are very popular (and expensive) Been looking a getting a pair with my prescription in them, great shades!!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom