• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Need help chosing a digging tool.

Go with the Lesche you get what you pay for! But if budget is a concern, I heard the Fiskars big knife at Target is a great deal at $10. DFX-Gregg

The fiskars is the one I got at Wally $1.50 because it was marked wrong on the shelf :yes:

I've been poking around in Central AZ and have hit some discouraging patches of cement-like hard-packed ground. Think adobe brick. When I read about someone who just uses a screwdriver to probe, my mouth drops open. What is a reasonable tool to get several inches down without making a giant hole, using a full sized shovel or spending an inordinate amount of time digging? :?:

the long handled wilcox digger is the best for the deepies ...........

Attachments

• wilcox.jpg
    wilcox.jpg
    2.1 KB · Views: 233
i use a daylin industries 8.50 and a small hammer in frozen ground here in ma. works pretty well some detector stores here sell them and ive seen them on a couple of detector sites

I bought a fiskars big grip for $9.85 at walmart, it works great and is very sturdy... I'd recommend it. Here's a pic of it.

Attachments

• garden knife.jpg
    garden knife.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 170
Beefcake said:
I bought a fiskars big grip for $9.85 at walmart, it works great and is very sturdy... I'd recommend it. Here's a pic of it.
I also picked one of these up, but I need a sheath for it any ideas where to get webbing to sew my own? The clear plastic cover is to say the least a bit cheap.

Any ideas?

As always, Happy Hunting.
~Tora

I would take alook at some leather remits if you have leather store near -I also have gotten some at a shoe repair store

I use a Japanese hori-hori knife, goggle brings up info on the knife. Very strong and good for digging in all soil types.

Back
Top Bottom